“Making “Wolfgang
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A warning about Marschal grips.

Mini Gun

Re: A warning about Marschal grips.

Yep, comes time in everyone's life when they need to buy another Bersa.

Mini Gun

Received my new Marschal grips and they are great. Just like the grips Oysterman has only a lighter shade. From the time I gave them my order to delivery was 15 days. If you want sharp looking grips give them a try.

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

So much for the header "A warning about Marschal grips". Looks like this warning paid off in good advertising big time. LOL
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Indeed it has been some great PR for Dennis. All this over wait time for a set of top notch one-of-a-kind custom grips from a fellow overseas who clearly states the approximate wait times. I'm waiting for the thread "Warning about so-and-so custom holster maker" :)

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Please---no threads called, "A Warning About Obama."
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

VIP Site Supporter Rollin Thunder's Avatar

Thanks to E Bay and Amazon, everyone expects delivery overnight. Some things are worth the wait...like Bacon. Oh, that's weight, carry on!
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Mini Gun

Say what you want but all I know is Marschal grips are very well made and finished. The ones I have are awesome. Nothing wrong with the grips Eagle Imports or Condor's Flight sells, I have the Paduak wood grips from Eagle Imports on my Bersa .32 and they are very nice. But they do not match the excellent quality of Marschal grips. Of course you pay a higher price for Marschal grips but I think they are more than worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bocephus View Post
    Here's a set Dennis made for my CC.

beautiful grips
    Joshua 24:15
    Rev 21:4-5

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmond Burke.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
    My wifes Marschal grips eight weeks in 2006. She loves the large thumb rest on her CC

My Marschal grips six weeks in 2005

Very beautiful grips. I love smooth grips.
    Joshua 24:15
    Rev 21:4-5

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmond Burke.

Mini Gun

Bocephus what kind of wood and finish are your grips?

Rock

Anybody have pics of their matted black combat model with marschal grips, mine came with green rubber grip ?

I ordered a set of grips on Sept. 20th, out of curiosity went to check on the order today, and the order is not found...possible mistyping of the zip code, according to the website....following instructions, sent an email to Dennis 2 days ago, let's see what happens now....

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Goblin 380 View Post
    Anybody have pics of their matted black combat model with marschal grips, mine came with green rubber grip ?
    You can buy Black rubber if you want. I don't know whose idea the green was. I assure you wasn't I would have used the wood myself. I want no rubber on my carry guns . If I shoot BG and he gets pregnant . He has some serious problems
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Rock

I'm looking into RTF grips as an option.

Slingshot

you might want to check into these-http://www.altamontco.com/experimental/products/pistol/bersa/#http://www.altamontco.com/experiment.../pistol/bersa/

Mini Gun

hboswell those Altamont grips are nice and less expensive. Don't quite compare with Marschal grips but still very nice. Marschal gives a large assortment of woods to choose from along with more styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I ordered a set of Marschal grips for my Thunder 380 on March 19th. One week later, on March 26th, I sent Dennis an email asking him to change the color of the grips from black oil stained walnut to red shellac. On May 6th, having still not received the grips or an aknowledgement of the change to my order, I sent him another email reminding him of the color change.

On Saturday, June 11th the grips finally arrived. 84 days (exactly 12 weeks) after I had placed the order. And guess what. They were the wrong color.

Since then, I have sent him 11 emails asking him to allow me to return the grips and get the color I wanted. He has yet to answer.

I just wanted to warn my fellow Bersachat members that although everybody says Marschal grips are great, you damn well better get the order right on the first try, and you better be prepared to wait about three months for them.
    I know this is an old post, but I feel since it comes up at the top of a google search when you enter "Marschal Grips Review", I figure I may as well add my bit to it.
    I ordered really nice walnut Marschal grips for my Yugo M57 from Dennis Marschal in September 2017. In November, I received the grips with a big huge Russian star cut into them that I did not ask for. It sucked and I was disappointed. Email communications initially sucked pretty bad, but when I had complained about my order being done wrong, Dennis was very understanding and attentive to my concerns and emails surprisingly. On January 2018 I got my corrected grips, and they are absolutely perfect. I would definitely do business with Mr. Marschal again. There was no return postage sent to me, so I guess I get to keep the wrong grips, since I'm not paying to send them back to him.

If you are ordering Marschal grips for the first time like I was, then you'd better already know it requires a long wait, and then a gamble on whether your package will even get through customs. I'm glad I waited and gambled. No one in the USA offers grips anywhere near as nice as the ones I got for my Yugo. I wish some of the skilled craftsmen in the USA would step up and start making wonderful grips for more of the mil surp pistols from abroad. So that's my bit on the matter.

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Thanks for the review, makarov854. And welcome to Bersa Chat.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to the forum makarov854. I think it's generally a hassle to do business direct with someone out of the country, primarily due to customs, as you mention. Glad it worked out for you.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123