“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Smith and Wesson 13-2, 357

Smith and Wesson 13-2, 357

A few weeks ago I bought a police trade Smith and Wesson 13-2, 357 with a 4" barrel. Typical for a police gun. Holster wear, but not shot much (as far as I can tell). Took it to the range 2 days ago and really like it. Shot 100 rounds of 38 and just a few 357 just to see how it acted. Love it !! The single action trigger is SWEET !!! And I do good with it. I read up on the model 13-2 and found out this was the standard FBI issue until they went with the semi-automatic. Anybody have the 13-2? Do you like it? I'll try and post a picture tomorrow. Oh, I did touch up the bluing with Birchwood Casey product. Not perfect, but I think it looks better. I know a lot of you say holster wear adds character.

Re: Smith and Wesson 13-2, 357

I don't have that model but I do have a S&W 6" 686. I found some interesting information on your gun here:
    http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/smi...-w-13-2-a.html
    <Quote>
    The Model 13-1 and it's Later dash series model variants are considered to be a Heavy Version barreled .357 Magnum M&P revolver. Originally, They were focused towards Law Enforcement when they were first Introduced in 1974 and made for The New York State Police, & these were stamped on their side frames as N. Y. S. P. Made with a Heavy barrel in Nickel or Blued finish offering a 3" Barrel round butt configuration, along with a 4" Barrel Square butt configuration the first ones being scarce marked this way for the N. Y. S. P. Being1200 Guns total.
    Model 13-2 was produced from 1977-1981
    <Unquote>

I think you have a very fine revolver there. I'd like to see your photo and what grips are on it.
    Bersa Thunder .380, Academy model.

Give the Gift of Life.
    Register to become and organ,tissue, and eye donor:
    http://www.organdonor.gov/

My uncle carried a S&W 13-2 for years ,he was in law enforcement /security ....after he passed the gun went to his son...who carries it almost constantly on his farm ..last time I saw it most of the finish was worn off it was pitted and rusted in places ..but it works and fires great.. Most ammo used in the gun has been 38 Spl 148 Gr wad cutters.

VIP Site Benefactor

Congrats on the 13-2 Cobb. I don't have one but it is on my S&W list. Seems like I've been acquiring quite a few S&W wheel guns lately and I'm actually starting to really like them. Anyway, sounds like you got a good one and I look forward to pics.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

I want the 3inch bull barrel that a great carry revolver use 125ge HP best all around load in 357
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

temp 057.jpgtemp 058.jpg
    Thanks for all the replies and info. The link from Beau was very good. Yea, I like the S & W wheel guns. I now have two. The model 13-2 and my 38 snub nose S & W.
    The snub nose is an airweight ( model 642) and kicks like a mule, but great carry gun. The 13-2 is a joy to shoot !! Not much kick and a great single action trigger. I hope the attached pictures are OK. I still have Colt Python and Colt Cobra on my want list. They however are quite pricey.

That's a very fine looking piece Cobb and you did great on the pictures. I was thinking about getting an Airweight but also heard the recoil is somewhat harsh, like the the Ruger LCR and other light weights. I've always wanted a Python. I used to shoot a friend's a lot.
    Bersa Thunder .380, Academy model.

Give the Gift of Life.
    Register to become and organ,tissue, and eye donor:
    http://www.organdonor.gov/

Dont let the recoil of airweight worry you. Not a great range gun, but a nice carry gun. I have the model with the enclosed hammer. Nothing to snag. I'm happy with double action only for a personal protection gun.