“Making “Wolfgang
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Texas

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: Texas

There may be some guys here who were "guests" of the Security Police in 'Nam from time to time.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

VSPA, I arrived TSN Dec 10, 68 and out Dec 10, 69 there is a 377th 50 year reunion coming up by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan.neighbors View Post
    Been on here for about 3 months now, but just now posting on here. I'm from Arlington, TX, but currently living in my wife's hometown area in Victoria, TX.

Hey Ryan,

We have a few members in the DFW area.

Let's see if we can't get together this summer.
    Do shoe shootin...
    Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by cavelamb View Post
    We have a few members in the DFW area.

Let's see if we can't get together this summer.
    Do shoe shootin...
    Souds good to me! We'll have to decide on a day (weekend?), so that my wife and I can make a trip that way. I've got 2 brothers and my wife has some family in the area.

Hey gents,
    I am from San Antonio and have owned Bersas for several years.
    Yesterday I was cleaning my Thunder 380 when I accidentally removed the disassembly catch - the "L" shaped lever with the rounded end that fits into the opening at the front end of the trigger guard. This part is not supposed to be removed and once it is, well I cannot reinsert it back into the hole. Any advice would be most welcome. Most gunsmiths are reluctant to work on Bersas. Thanks, Rennie

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat Rennie. Sorry to hear about your problem. We have a sub forum which lists the several warranty centers & a sub forum with members' feedback on them. Even if not a warranty issue, best that a Bersa gunsmith do the work.

It may be a DIY fix, so check out the .380 threads under the 'Bersa Chat' section. Seems that issue has been posted before & you may find instructions on how to do it. If you don't find anything, post your question there.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Hello all!

My home is in Austin, but I work in Arlington during the week. I shoot at Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville and Shootsmart in Grand Prairie.

Thank you all for the advice/guidance you give. (I've been lurking in the background.)

VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Welcome to the forum algould, I'm from Duncanville, I also shoot at Shootsmart. Work in Arlington, Enjoy your stay, good people here.

Bill
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Doesn't anyone go to Elm Fork or Quail creek? Maybe it's just too hot outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walk a mile in my shoes, and you will be at the range.

VIP Site Benefactor

Don't know about the rest of you, but way past being too hot for me. Just the 60-65 yard trek to my mailbox at noon was enough for me. The heat here is suffocating! 'Course, as a teen, I suffered heat stroke & I've read that it can weaken your ability to stand heat for the rest of your life.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by algould View Post
    Hello all! My home is in Austin, but I work in Arlington during the week. I shoot at Eagle Gun Range in Lewisville and Shootsmart in Grand Prairie. Thank you all for the advice/guidance you give. (I've been lurking in the background.)
    Welcome from Harris County.
    ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
    "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
    Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Rock

Howdy all.... new member from south Texas..... Alice. Just purchased a new Bersa Thunder 380 Nickel. Haven't even put a round through her yet, but will do that later today. Looking forward to visiting with everyone here. I see a lot of valuable information and great experiences to be shared. Thanks!

Welcome from the unincorporated area just between Humble and Atascocita, TX. Lots of good people and info here. I've got two of the BT380s, one of which is the nickel version. Before firing, be sure to give it a good cleaning, but don't use Hoppe's #9 as I'm told it can damage the finish. Would suggest that you use 200-250 rounds of fmj before you try JHP rounds.
    ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
    "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
    Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat CWW.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Rock

Thanks, guys..... Took the 380 out for the 1st time and I'm impressed. Followed your suggestions.... gave her a good cleaning before and then used Winchester FMJ rounds, 95 grain. Great groupings at 10yds. Used my gun vice and found that the groupings are awesome, but are about 1" to the right of the bullseye. I can visibly see that the rear blade sight is too far to the right, so does anyone have specific instructions on how to adjust the windage screw? Don't wanna attempt anything until I get some input from someone that has already done that....
    Maybe I need to be at another thread, rather than this new user thread? Just let me know..........
    Thanking everyone in advance.

UPDATE...... found the previous thread on windage adjustment PLUS, Bersa is getting back to me. I will give an update once I hear from them.

More later........
    Last edited by CWW; 08-16-2016 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Added info

Quote Originally Posted by CWW View Post
    Howdy all.... new member from south Texas..... Alice. Just purchased a new Bersa Thunder 380 Nickel. Haven't even put a round through her yet, but will do that later today. Looking forward to visiting with everyone here. I see a lot of valuable information and great experiences to be shared. Thanks!
    Hi, Alice! Welcome :)

Hello out there -

Living North East of Houston in an area called Atascacita, you can pronounce it anyway you like. It's close to the town of Humble - which you can also pronounce any way you like. I work in La Porte, SE of Houston, and about a 30 mile commute - which for those of you not living around Houston - it's about average.

Have a Model 383 that we are trying to get range ready.

I've already enjoyed reading about 30 threads on that model - great info here.

I'm a member of a couple of other 'boards', I'm curious if you have seen a decline in posting over the last couple of years - we certainly have on the boards I'm talking about (one is about kayak fishing, the other concerns bbq).

Anyway - good to be here.

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat chiefbrody. Never lived there, but spent enough time in Houston to know about long drives to work. Once there on a week long stay, the drive from my motel to the shop was about 30 minutes, but if I left 5 minutes later, more like an hour.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Howdy, chiefbrody! Humble/Atascocita was one of my old homesteads while living in the Texas Gulf Coast oven. I even had a uniform route in La Porte, which I dubbed "Tox Town." They make scary stuff in those petrochem plants. Don't forget your gas mask.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

uniform route? I was in that business for a few years - worked for Best Uniform (before they were bought by G&K) and for Admiral Uniform (before they were bought by Alsco) - did you happen to work for either of those?

Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    Howdy, chiefbrody! Humble/Atascocita was one of my old homesteads while living in the Texas Gulf Coast oven. I even had a uniform route in La Porte, which I dubbed "Tox Town." They make scary stuff in those petrochem plants. Don't forget your gas mask.

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast