“Making “Wolfgang
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Texas

Preferred Site Supporter Rev_Les's Avatar

Re: Texas

Welcome chiefbrody. Pinehurst here. ( the one near near Tomball not the one in Orange county). 30 minute commute is a quickie, I drive from here to Angleton several times a week......83 miles each way.

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by chiefbrody View Post
    uniform route? I was in that business for a few years - worked for Best Uniform (before they were bought by G&K) and for Admiral Uniform (before they were bought by Alsco) - did you happen to work for either of those?
    Cintas.....Class of '88. I was mostly a dust buster servicing mats and shop rags. I wasn't too keen on measuring guys' inseams.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

we had a lady sales rep at Best Uniform that took great pleasure in the discomfort she caused telling guys she was going to measure their inseams - I wasn't very good at that part of the work - I'd just ask them what was the size of their pants - didn't care too much for measuring waists either.

Used to crack me up when a prospect would tell me they wanted to use cintas because it was a hispanic owned company - not knowing the whole 'cincinnatti town and apron' thing...

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Used to crack me up when a prospect would tell me they wanted to use cintas because it was a hispanic owned company - not knowing the whole 'cincinnatti town and apron' thing...
    I once thought that Taco Bell was a Mexican phone company.

Hello out there -

Living North East of Houston in an area called Atascacita, you can pronounce it anyway you like. It's close to the town of Humble - which you can also pronounce any way you like. I work in La Porte, SE of Houston, and about a 30 mile commute - which for those of you not living around Houston - it's about average.

Have a Model 383 that we are trying to get range ready.

I've already enjoyed reading about 30 threads on that model - great info here.

I'm a member of a couple of other 'boards', I'm curious if you have seen a decline in posting over the last couple of years - we certainly have on the boards I'm talking about (one is about kayak fishing, the other concerns bbq).

Anyway - good to be here.
    Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Slingshot

From a little town in Tx not far enough away from Houston. Heard there were some cool people over here and thought I might just fit in.

Hello out there -

Living North East of Houston in an area called Atascacita, you can pronounce it anyway you like. It's close to the town of Humble - which you can also pronounce any way you like. I work in La Porte, SE of Houston, and about a 30 mile commute - which for those of you not living around Houston - it's about average.

Have a Model 383 that we are trying to get range ready.

I've already enjoyed reading about 30 threads on that model - great info here.

I'm a member of a couple of other 'boards', I'm curious if you have seen a decline in posting over the last couple of years - we certainly have on the boards I'm talking about (one is about kayak fishing, the other concerns bbq).

Anyway - good to be here.
    Welcome from another Texan for the unincorporated area between Atascocita and Humble just off Will Clayton.
    ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
    "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
    Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    From a little town in Tx not far enough away from Houston. Heard there were some cool people over here and thought I might just fit in.
    Welcome from another Texas member. We live in the unincorporated area between Humble and Atascocita.
    ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
    "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
    Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Slingshot

Thanks guys, but what is that NY guy doing here?

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

A mite late welcome nlyric. Don't know how I missed your post on the 21st.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    A mite late welcome nlyric. Don't know how I missed your post on the 21st.
    Thanks for the welcome!!!! Glad to be here.

What's up guys. From far west Texas about about an hour and a half east of El Paso.

Not new to firearms but new to the bersa family. After owning the same several firearms for years without time to get out and shoot for the last 10 years, finally moved up the totem pole and get out every week for sure. I'm lucky enough to have a wife that enjoys it as much as I do. She's confident enough now to get her chl and we've been searching for something she can keep tucked away and look like a professional woman. Not the mom pants and sweater style. She may seem like Mrs Gucci but she's laid back. Open carry isn't really an option for her either.

As for me I've carried everything but really appreciate something smaller for summer carry when I do get a chance to wear some summer clothes. The thunder 380 may be the right one for us. I prefer hammers over strikers, wife doesn't care but she didn't like the Taurus tcp or ruger lcp because of the size. I care about reliability she's more picky about size, go figure

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat. I spent 21 years in Odessa, Texas before I got a chance to transfer to east Texas & TREES!

The Thunder .380 is a good choice, 'course there's the Combat & then the Thunder or Combat "Plus" which are the same weapon, just more rounds. Lots of good info on all of them, here on the forum.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by LE_gend View Post
    What's up guys. From far west Texas about about an hour and a half east of El Paso.

Not new to firearms but new to the bersa family. After owning the same several firearms for years without time to get out and shoot for the last 10 years, finally moved up the totem pole and get out every week for sure. I'm lucky enough to have a wife that enjoys it as much as I do. She's confident enough now to get her chl and we've been searching for something she can keep tucked away and look like a professional woman. Not the mom pants and sweater style. She may seem like Mrs Gucci but she's laid back. Open carry isn't really an option for her either.

As for me I've carried everything but really appreciate something smaller for summer carry when I do get a chance to wear some summer clothes. The thunder 380 may be the right one for us. I prefer hammers over strikers, wife doesn't care but she didn't like the Taurus tcp or ruger lcp because of the size. I care about reliability she's more picky about size, go figure
    Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Rock

Hey y'all from Georgetown, N of Austin

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat LewMark. I'm in east Texas, near Longview, Texas.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by LewMark View Post
    Hey y'all from Georgetown, N of Austin
    Hello and welcome from freezing Indiana!

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Howdy, LewMark! I've got relatives in Leander and Round Rock. They seem so content with the area that they don't want to come to East Tennessee for a visit. Thank God for the Texas hill country!

Good Afternoon from College Station, TX. We spend part of our time here and part of our time in a small town in between Paris and Texarkana. Just bought a Bersa Thunder .380 Combat and this forum has been a great help so far. Really appreciate you guys being here!

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cuz the site won't load right on my phone's browser... :(

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast