“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Kershaw Blur

Preferred Site Supporter OysterMan's Avatar

Kershaw Blur

I just received a Kershaw 'Ken Onion' Blur in from Amazon. MSRP $114.99, Amazon regular price $66.28 but it was one of their "Deals of the Day" earlier this week for $34.16 so I decided to order one. I'm happy with the knife except for maybe the clip, don't know if it's supposed to look that "beat-up". Not a deal breaker for me, but it looks like the clip was pulled from the bottom of the clip pile. Unless it's supposed to have that "weathered" look?

Pictured here with a Kershaw Piston that's been my EDC knife for nearly two years and still sports a spotless clip.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Re: Kershaw Blur

Give me a break . you get it super cheap then your worried about a blem clip. Better worry about the weak lock . What you going to do with that itsy bitsy little knife
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

From the picture, it looks like the unmarked clip has an anodized finish, while the marked up one is a black oxide finish.
    Black oxide is not as sturdy of a finish as anodized.
    (3) Bersa Thunder .380's
    ≡≡≡1- Nickel Plated≡≡≡
    ≡≡≡≡2- Duo Tone ≡≡≡≡
    ≡≡≡3- Blued Deluxe≡≡≡
    <And a 9rd mag for each>

تناول المزيد من لحم الخنزير المقدد

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
    Give me a break . you get it super cheap then your worried about a blem clip.
    Nah MT, I'm not worried about the clip. If that weathered beat-up look of the clip is some newfangled style I'm not hep to, then what I'm worried about is that I may not be not cool as I used to be. And if I don't dig it I will be like totally and radically an un-groovy dude.

What you going to do with that itsy bitsy little knife
    My plans for it are to sometimes carry it as a second knife in my strong side (right) pocket. Since I carry my firearm on my right side I decided some time ago to switch the clip around on my regular EDC knife in order to carry it in my left side pocket, an idea that I saw on among other places this very forum.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Your tactical folder

Blade length: 3.375 inches
    •Overall length: 7.88 inches
    •Closed length: 4.5 inches
    •Weight: 4.2 ounces

My not tactical folder About same price.
    Specifications:
    •Blade Length: 6 in.
    •Blade Thickness: 9/64 in.

• Blade Steel: VG-1 Stainless Steel
    •Closed Length: 7 1/4 in.
    •Overall Length: 13 1/4 in.

•Handle Material: Zytel
    •Features Steel Pocket Clip
    •Weight: 6.5oz.

.To use the word Tactical with that knife .Is like saying a Beretta 25 auto is Tactical and my 1911 is just a pistol.

I carry this knife every day in R/front pocket. . I have carried these large folders in all 48 states, NYC and Canada . I have never been question by any LEO about why such a large knife. It doesn't show as large or weight that much to sag pants.

My L/F now carries a CS Eland 5" for general chores That need a Knife . Like cutting French bread for a snack, steak, rope or what ever .
    Last edited by Michael T; 12-19-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Well... then... I guess I'll just have to hope any would-be assailants of mine will be skinnier and softer than yours.

And besides... my Dad could have beat up your Dad.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Seriously I just read a review and this is enough would never find in my pocket . My dad was never beat His 1911 did the fighting . Yours likely carried a Tactical 25acp

The last drawback is a bit more serious as it related to the locking mechanism’s proneness to failure. The liner lock failed on me as I was cutting into a block of wood which resulted in the knife closing and cutting into my hand. Fortunately the wound wasn’t too bad but enough to make me seriously question the reliability of the lock up on this knife. Now I admit this only happened once after some heavy duty usage but I find it hard to overlook something like that.
    Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Yeah I've read some not so glowingly reports on the liner locks of various manufacturers, and I certainly don't expect it to be as strong as the Cold Steel's. Fortunately I very seldom use my carry knife in everyday life. I have a box-cutter or cheap auto knife in every room for tape, envelops, boxes, etc..., a 2" Cold Steel Micro Recon on my key-chain for the same tasks if I'm away from home and a CS Outdoorsman Lite in the truck should I need to do some chopping or cutting. Just gonna have to keep the EDC knife(s) sharp and hope for no liner lock failure on the rare chance I have to use it in a self defense situation.

And actually my Dad did have a 25acp, CZ DUO given to him by his somewhat shady Sicilian step-father. I have it now.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Guess that one way to ditch a hit piece. give it as a present. Got to watch them Spaghetti benders their a tricky bunch .
    Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"