“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Cold Steel Warranty

Cold Steel Warranty

Anyone have any experience with warranty repairs on Cold Steel products? I have a Tilite that the pocket clip retaining screws have gone AWOL. I tried their contact email with no luck twice. Then I called the phone # listed on their website 8 weeks ago and was told they would send a set. After 5 weeks I had the wife followup call and still no joy now 8 weeks down the road. I am hopeful that this is not typical but with quite a few in the house I am concerned.
    Certified Armed Infidel .
    WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
    45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Re: Cold Steel Warranty

I would call again and be nice but also bitch about the lack of good service. . I don't understand how you could have lost the screws . I have never lost even 1 let alone all of them . Don't you ever check your knife.

NEVER DEAL WITH THEIR E MAIL . tHEY ARE KNOWN TO NEVER ANSWER. USE PHONE. I'll try to bitch to Lynn or Ron at the NRA about the e mail. I see others complain on other forums also.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Preferred Site Supporter OysterMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gtgeorge View Post
    I am hopeful that this is not typical but with quite a few in the house I am concerned.
    I too like Cold Steel, hopefully they're working on it and you'll get screwed before you know it.

Looking forward to getting screwed again. Oysterman.

Thanks MT, I will have Donna call again as she is very tactful but wanted to give it one more week. I really try to be patient. As for checking my knife...yep but breaking out tools and checking all the little tiny screws....not a chance. They will however all receive loctite although I have never had a pocket grip screw get loose before any any of the other knives I have carried over the years. Also didn't loose all three. I am down to one as I noticed 2 missing and the clip a little loose when checking it. I have managed to get by with one all this time but switched back to something else as I am tired of tightening the single remaining screw daily.

Had the wife call yesterday and got the standard
    Give it 3 weeks cause we send 1st class
    and we remind them it has been well beyond on both cases. She was told they would send them out as he had no way to see if they were ever shipped so waiting 3 weeks again.

Hope to be posting a happy face soon.

I finally got SCREWED! 3 call ins was the charm as he put them in an envelope while on the phone with my wife and labeled it etc. We got them 3 days later. Maybe the others were lost in the mail or just forgotten to send but they are in and loctite'd to stay in for the long hall. The originals have a tiny amount of Loctite on them but not enough to do any good. Kudos go out to the fine folks at CS that make good stuff at a good price.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

Tilite is dangerous knife . I was wrist snapping my 6" blade Different ways While sitting . On a downward snap Knife slipped from hand and blade went in to thigh . That needle point is deadly . That smarts and being on blood thinner. Jeans got wet quick. Wasn't deep but hard to stop the bleeding. Hurt worst than Triad lock snapping shut on fingers . Those cuts hurt but not to deep and only gets 1 or 2 fingers.

Cold steel knives need fed sometimes . If nothing around . They will snack on owner . Suggest you buy some fresh meat and let them feed now and then.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

You are so right MT. Most of ours have fed on us at one time or another. The Tilite gave me a warning one night when I was tired I left it in my pants clipped to the pocked. I picked them up the next morning and went to shake them out with a pop....I heard a thud and right beside my foot the Tilite was standing proud stuck in the floor. . It opened just like it was designed to do as it came out of the pocket and turned blade forward as it fell through the air. That could have been really bad and was a warning to make sure it is removed when going to bed and set on the stand as it wants to be cared for as a companion to the firearm and not just a tool.