“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: New string

Slingshot

New string

20160618_030416.jpg
    Got a new string for my recurve today.
    Right away I got a Robin Hood.
    Pretty much a fluke but I still got a kick out of it.

Special Preferred Supporter JONESN's Avatar

Re: New string

Looks like a arrow with a decorative design to me.............just saying
    Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Lol glad its not just me :) Looks like a pretty long arrow at that, but that could be an illusion. Lol from the angle of the pic I looks almost long enough for an atlatl dart.

That would be two arrows in one hole! Congrats on the Robin Hood!
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Ok, a robinhood, did not see it lol, must have knocked off the vanes, my bad lol.

Lol, Calling them a robinhood being a bit inaccurate as they are a relatively "new" phenomenon. The older wood arrows just shattered, done this quite a number of times wrecking some nice custom arrows that we spent hours dipping and cresting. I did it once with expensive footed arrow shafts and boy was I bummed wrecking two of them.

You first started seeing them with the old aluminums, the very thin ones from the early 60s but very rarely because of the thin diameter of the aluminum arrows. I have a few my grandfather had. The original carbon fiber arrows would not do it well either simply splintering except in cold weather where they simply exploded into a million shards.
    Last edited by lee1959; 06-18-2016 at 02:49 PM.

Slingshot

Yeah. At first I laughed but then it sunk in that I'm out two arrows.

I loaned my bow to my brother a couple of years ago and he finally brought it back. I forgot how much I like to shoot.

Anyone here shoot?

I have shot bow for basically as long as I have been able to remember, dad started me around 3 or 4, which equates to about 53 years now. I went to a compound last year when I injured my shoulder. I did yank off all the fancy sights, rubber sticky out catch on brush thingy and bondage strap and shoot it instinctively with fingers like I have all my life with the longbows and recurves.

I love to shoot, I make it a habit to shoot at least one qwiver full every day no matter the weather. I walk out on the deck and shoot or go down and shoot longer. I especially love letting balloons loose in the fenced in yard and shooting them as they blow around.
    Last edited by lee1959; 06-19-2016 at 11:36 AM.

Administrator
    R.I.P 26 Feb 2017

I especially love letting balloons loose in the fenced in yard and shooting them as they blow around.
    My evil mind says turn bunch of kids loose and when they grab a balloon shoot it! POP!!! I know some times get the balloon some times a kid. Just think of it as combat training & accidents do happen .
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Lol. rather like retroactive birth control.

Shot carbon arrows in compound and now crossbow, when they connect, like you said your out to arrows or bolts.
    They don't give them away.. $$$