“Making “Wolfgang
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: Affordable Health Care 19% Increase for 2017 *** 2018 UPDATE

Quote Originally Posted by WVSurveyor View Post
    I dumped my Obamacare at the end of 2016 for these very reasons. I opted for Liberty Healthshare. It's one
    of a number of available faith based health sharing ministries. This may be a good option for you. I'd check
    them out and decide for your self.
    I was doing some searching on line yesterday for Christian Healthcare and was browsing the Liberty site .... looks interesting. You are happy with it??

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by WVSurveyor View Post
    I dumped my Obamacare at the end of 2016 for these very reasons. I opted for Liberty Healthshare. It's one
    of a number of available faith based health sharing ministries. This may be a good option for you. I'd check
    them out and decide for your self.
    What we are talking about is not our Obamacare premiums.

Most of the talk here is about our private insurance cost increases due to the ACA. The private insurers in this country will not work at a loss so we all pay the loss of revenue difference in our policies due to the ACA coverage. That along with the way overpriced so-called drug research that leads to the pricing of drugs sold to the populace.

Think just a second, watch TV for one hour on almost any channel including cable. What you will see is NATIONAL advertising on promoting a drug (maybe even 4 or more in one hour). Look up the cost of one national ad average cost, it's mind-blowing. So far in 2017, 7 billion dollars was spent by the drug companies, of which 12 drugs alone are running close to 180 million each in advertising! You are paying for this rip-off! Now if you are on pain pills you need another drug for Opioid-induced constipation. I'm not on opioids but really, you got to pay to take a crap? I think we are all being crapped on.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

RC is right. Why should pharmaceutical companies target the patient, rather than the physician who writes the Rx? I believe it's because the docs aren't enamored by the actors in the ads dancing happily to catchy music while the announcer reads 15 seconds of benefits and 45 seconds of bad side effects. I figure that I'm paying my primary care physician to stay up on the latest and greatest meds that work or don't work for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7-Mny-kgXg
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Not just drugs, but the whole health care profession is ripping us off. I had identical surgeries, approximately 2 months apart & the estimated cost of the hospital increased by 25%! I believe the drugs are the worst. They cite the high cost of research as cause of high prices, yet some of it is subsidized by the government & more is paid for thru donations to charities, but they still gig us when we buy the product. Saw a report many years ago about 90-95% profits.

My ulcer med was about $50 per month (20+ years ago) & when it became available over the counter, went to about $20 for 3 month supply.
    Last edited by mitchr; 11-19-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Our primary care doctor is about the best you'll find. He stays busy, but devotes himself what's best for his patients and spends time working up an effective plan for their health needs. I've only got blood pressure and cholesterol concerns, but the Princess has multi-system problems and has seen about five doctors this month alone. It isn't easy having so many cooks in the kitchen so to speak, so our primary doc has to keep a lot of things coordinated to ensure that the Princess stays on her feet and breathing.

Not only is she a retired nurse but the Princess is also a born bargain hunter, always looking around for the best insurance and med deals. Several of her prescriptions come from Canadian pharmacies that she's checked out thoroughly. Some of the meds come from overseas, but they have proven to stock the right stuff that works as advertised. Some over-the-counter pills she gets at a discount on ebay. All in all, it saves us quite a bit out of pocket.

Here's the website she uses to weed out the legit online pharmacy companies from the hucksters: https://www.pharmacychecker.com/
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
    What we are talking about is not our Obamacare premiums.

Most of the talk here is about our private insurance cost increases due to the ACA. The private insurers in this country will not work at a loss so we all pay the loss of revenue difference in our policies due to the ACA coverage. That along with the way overpriced so-called drug research that leads to the pricing of drugs sold to the populace.

Think just a second, watch TV for one hour on almost any channel including cable. What you will see is NATIONAL advertising on promoting a drug (maybe even 4 or more in one hour). Look up the cost of one national ad average cost, it's mind-blowing. So far in 2017, 7 billion dollars was spent by the drug companies, of which 12 drugs alone are running close to 180 million each in advertising! You are paying for this rip-off! Now if you are on pain pills you need another drug for Opioid-induced constipation. I'm not on opioids but really, you got to pay to take a crap? I think we are all being crapped on.

I used that term synonomously. I had private insurance through Highmark Blue Cross/Blue Shield. The premiums and out of pocket
    expenses skyrocketed after the ACA became law. I dumped it at the end of 2016 and went with Liberty Healthshare.
    Montani Semper Liberi

[QUOTE=Pond Scum;405487]I was doing some searching on line yesterday for Christian Healthcare and was browsing the Liberty site .... looks interesting. You are happy with it??[/QUote

So far it has worked well. I have been blessed with health this past year and have not yet reached the $500.00 deductible.
    I have, however, been able to help others by sharing my monthly contributions. I did go the doctor a few days ago and that
    should take me over the threshold. We'll see how that goes. I know of other people who have been through major surgeries
    and had the expenses taken care of.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    ........Our primary care doctor is about the best you'll find. He stays busy, but devotes himself what's best for his patients ........

Here's the website she uses to weed out the legit online pharmacy companies from the hucksters: https://www.pharmacychecker.com/
    I believe you have found a good doctor. The pharmacy that I use is on his list..... that re-confirms it for me.

P.S. Ask him if he has a buddy doc in Mobile....and I'll switch to him!
    Certified Armed Infidel

Short Timer
    VIP Site Supporter

My wife is on Liberty as well. We switched when I retired (I have a decent Medicare supplement) since health insurance would cost $1,000/Month plus for her! She hasn't needed to try it since she is in good health. She will see how it works soon as she needs to get her checkup and a proctoscopy as well.
    Next year she'll be 65 and then she will go on the same supplements I'm set up for.
    Obama and the Democrats sure screwed up the insurance system. Every darn thing is covered whether you need it or not and that is why it got so expensive.
    Certified Armed Infidel!
    NRA Life Benefactor Member
    Help Protect Your Rights, Join the NRA today!
    Thunder 380 DuoTone & Matte

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12