“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Illinois, passing a automatic knife law??

Illinois, passing a automatic knife law??

I'll have to say if this passes all the way through I will be super shocked !!! Never under stood this law...Than again I can't understand most of the laws on the books.

But let's be real, I doubt this is going to pass 100%. But good to know it made it pass the first few stages...and they accually brought it up for a vote. Can't move out of this state fast enough!!

https://www.akti.org/news/akti-appla...nate-bill-607/

Special Preferred Supporter JONESN's Avatar

Re: Illinois, passing a automatic knife law??

Start packn now.
    Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Legal in Florida as long as the blade does NOT eject from the handle. I prefer my snag knife, faster on the draw. I hope the Illinois law passes. I was reading an article the other day of dissolving the state, breaking it into three parts to be absorbed by the surrounding states. They are in big trouble. It saddens me to see my country deteriorate like this but we all know why.

Now they are thinking of maybe taking in our Commonwealth of Puerto Ricco as a full State. OH my, another completely failed system. I hope our congress who controls their destiny says no. Donald Trump is still the President of Puerto Ricco, I think he will say no.
    Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 06-27-2017 at 11:28 AM.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
    Legal in Florida as long as the blade does NOT eject from the handle. I prefer my snag knife, faster on the draw. I hope the Illinois law passes. I was reading an article the other day of dissolving the state, breaking it into three parts to be absorbed by the surrounding states. They are in big trouble. It saddens me to see my country deteriorate like this but we all know why.

Now they are thinking of maybe taking in our Commonwealth of Puerto Ricco as a full State. OH my, another completely failed system. I hope our congress who controls their destiny says no. Donald Trump is still the President of Puerto Ricco, I think he will say no.
    Something needs to be done for sure about this state. No budget, there common sense is not normal common sense, and the same people that are breaking this state are getting elected time and time again. It is insane!! I have to finish school before I move unfortunately. Soon,....I hope

I also heard that if the budget is not passed next month, DOT is going to be out of work....yikes!!

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

A similar law is going thru the legislator in Michigan. It has a good chance. We also have constitutional carry law going thru and they saw it has a good chance. We may even get it if the governor vetoes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pond Scum View Post
    A similar law is going thru the legislator in Michigan. It has a good chance. We also have constitutional carry law going thru and they saw it has a good chance. We may even get it if the governor vetoes it.
    Nice!! I don't think we will ever see constitutional carry here.........nope never!!

IL is going broke simply because of two butt heads who control the State: They can't get along and won't!
    #1 - Michael Madigan (D) Speaker of the House
    #2 - Governor Bruce Rauner (R)

Miss stated in the article: A conceal carry permit is not an FOID. A ccw permit is a totally separate permit, but requires an FOID: (just for sake of clarity)
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Quote Originally Posted by ParaCav View Post
    IL is going broke simply because of two butt heads who control the State: They can't get along and won't!
    #1 - Michael Madigan (D) Speaker of the House
    #2 - Governor Bruce Rauner (R)

Miss stated in the article: A conceal carry permit is not an FOID. A ccw permit is a totally separate permit, but requires an FOID: (just for sake of clarity)
    And I'll be shocked if we see another Republican in governor's spot the next time around.

Rauner was elected strictly because of his business dealings. IL is loosing jobs, and people had hopes Rauner would balance the budget and promote new jobs. But with a stubborn liberal ahole Speaker of the House, and a liberal Chicago controlled House and Senate, they won't work with him. IL is in a real mess. There is not enough money for many schools to open in a couple months. People are leaving the Chicago area like rats on a sinking ship. IL can't even pay off lotto winners with more than $500. Roads are going to hell all over the State. It's a real mess. And the liberal governments of the past 2 or 3 decades are to blame. I have doubts that anything can save IL from going bankrupt.

Rauner was elected strictly because of his business dealings. IL is loosing jobs, and people had hopes Rauner would balance the budget and promote new jobs. But with a stubborn liberal ahole Speaker of the House, and a liberal Chicago controlled House and Senate, they won't work with him. IL is in a real mess. There is not enough money for many schools to open in a couple months. People are leaving the Chicago area like rats on a sinking ship. IL can't even pay off lotto winners with more than $500. Roads are going to hell all over the State. It's a real mess. And the liberal governments of the past 2 or 3 decades are to blame. I have doubts that anything can save IL from going bankrupt.

I agree, this state is done. The people in office now will forever be there, and with rauner out next run (which I am assuming what's going to happen) and a democrat in, it's going to get worse.....can it get worse??

Machine Gun

i can't justify Rauner being on the list, Madigan & co (long list there) is the sole reason we're in the crap we're in. through this special session trying to nail out a budget agreement I've come up with a theory that downstate & city reps/sens are in the process of fleecing the northern suburbs of everything they have jobs & wealth. the Caterpillar plant in Aurora(Montgomery) is being parted out to Decatur & N Little Rock AR. confirmation of this theory came with the Dems recent late hour demand to reconfigure downstate & city education funding to land on the back of the northern suburbs

would charges be filed if a poor SOB successfully defended him/herself with an illegal knife?

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post

Yup, same in Indiana too....just passed the law a couple of years ago. Boy, a good quality switch-blade is expensive though!

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Meanwhile, there's no money for mops.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/thousands-...183755144.html
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Caterpillar also announced they were moving their Head Quarters from Peoria to Chicago. That would take a big chunk out of Peoria. But the recent scandal and law suits against Cat has pretty much stopped any movement for the present time.