“Making “Wolfgang
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I voted for DT but

Revolver

Re: I voted for DT but

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
    I have never argued your talking points. Just the reality of the system. My feeling by voting right is it may slow down the cancer.
    I screwed up when I followed my heart and voted for Ross Perot, thus giving Bill Clinton a shoe in.

Please don't regret voting conservative, that's all we have. I don't see a rosy future for us.
    In reality, my state of ky isnt going to decide a Pres election anyway.

The only real difference we make is sending house and Senate reps. Rand Paul has been excellent. Old Mitch not so much.

A third party candidate is the only faint hope of regaining our constitutional rights as written this nation has.

It's not going to happen obviously with either major party or SCOTUS overturning illegal laws.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

Voting 3rd party only hurts if you live in a state where the outcome is close. Take California for example. Does anyone think voting for Trump was going to win the state? Almost twice as many people voted for Hillary. I'm not saying everyone should vote 3rd party, but with the electoral college set up the way it is, people could still get what they want (better of 2 evils) and still give enough votes to a 3rd party that they could participate legitimately in an election. And let's face it, the Dems are eating themselves currently IMO. There are a lot of middle of the road Dems that might leave their party with the nonsense they're trying lately.

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

All voting aside, let's just get to the point of the thread.

You all are just jealous I'll be rolling around in my take home tank with an M240 mounted on it using NVG's to drive home in the dark.

Think I could trade in that Glock I have for a 4" S&W 66 with a hammer mounted firing pin?

I can't wait to get pulled over for not using my turn signal, by a police tank :/

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

IMG_4329.jpg

Maybe I could finally earn my motor wings for real!

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    All voting aside, let's just get to the point of the thread.

You all are just jealous I'll be rolling around in my take home tank with an M240 mounted on it using NVG's to drive home in the dark.

Think I could trade in that Glock I have for a 4" S&W 66 with a hammer mounted firing pin?
    Oh go fly a drone.

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Surely you're not saying that modern police work is a totally bad thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2D3hOitDwY
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

The technology can help catch criminals. But you still need a bit of common sense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-burglar.html

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The technology can help catch criminals. But you still need a bit of common sense.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...r-burglar.html
    Yeah! We seem to have plenty of cops of the "Barney Fife" variety & they sure don't need a bazooka! Did our benevolent gubmit even consider providing training with the weapons??
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I have no problem arming the Police with military equipment "if needed". But not if not. There are no Police anywhere near were I live that need military equipment. Even Chicago, because their Police force doesn't do anything what would warrant military equipment.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    Nope,,, Tank - Woop Woop,, Pull over,, Hammer - Bahahahahaha,,, Twin Turbo,, all I gotta do is take my foot off da brake,,, Catch me if you can....
    The tank might not catch you, but.....

IMG_4342.jpg

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

You might be ok. We might only get the Special rounds and not the Magnums.

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    I am totally against militarization of LE,, I believe that we should provide adequate training, good body armor and weapons that even the playing field but no more than that.
    Military is not the same as LE.. Military is geared to protect against an enemy, kill, overwhelm, adapt and fight.. LE is to protect our citizens and solve criminal cases,, two different jobs that require different equipment,, I see no need for LE to have tanks and weapons designed for war,, we are not at war here and I am not the enemy... There are many cops that are not fit for the job,, I do not want them in a tank driving down my street....... Old school cops carried a .38sp and a baton,, no radio,, they got the job done and hardly ever drew their weapon or called for back up.......
    This ^^^.

The most vicious gangs etc do not have tanks, MRAPS, grenade launchers, or predator drones.

Heavy armor ie tracked tanks etc have only one use. A Waco like siege or other such atrosity against American citizens.
    Tanks, mraps, and the like are to slow to deploy to be of use for anything else.

LE, Fed, State, County and local have over the years proven their superiors do not have the training nor but bluntly the judgement to possess such equipment.

NYC, Waco, Dallas are just a few examples.
    Beyond body armor, helmets, or other protective equipment that can be worn on body, LE should not have access to explosives, heavy caliber weapons, grenade launchers, tanks mraps etc.
    As I said before until Dallas most hadnt thought of le using a robot to deliver a bomb.
    After they have done so, recklessly, with only officer safety being a concern, certainly not public safety those should be removed also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12