“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: PF9 factory rebuild

Thumbs up PF9 factory rebuild

My Son gave me a PF9 which had some issues. Often when fired the magazine would release....I know, the mag release is located really close to your thumb and one could make a case the grip is causing the mag release so I changed to left hand shooting n mag released!!! Also had a feed problem and too many stovepipes. Decided to ship it back to Kel-Tec. Shipping was on my dime but the good news is for just over $20 they rebuilt/replaced almost everything. Did not replace barrel n frame but did replace all parts in the frame, new slide. They shipped it back to my residence...a plus! Have put many rounds thru it with zero problems......I reload 9mm n have put plinking n hot loads thru it flawlessly. I have my confidence back in it and now its my CC weapon...love the slim design. Gotta give the guys at Kel-Tec for a great rebuild. Would have cost zero $ if I was orig owner n had sales receipt. Still happy.

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Re: PF9 factory rebuild

Kel-Tec is a good company to do business with. At one time, they would honor warranty even if not the original owner, but I hear they announced they'd no longer do it. I had some issues with my PF9, plus didn't care for the recoil on my wrists & thought I would sell it, so I requested & received an email that they would honor warranty to the buyer. Decided against selling it, just don't shoot any hot SD rounds in it.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Kel-Tec is a good company to do business with. At one time, they would honor warranty even if not the original owner, but I hear they announced they'd no longer do it. I had some issues with my PF9, plus didn't care for the recoil on my wrists & thought I would sell it, so I requested & received an email that they would honor warranty to the buyer. Decided against selling it, just don't shoot any hot SD rounds in it.
    Yeah, that's why I prefer the older P-11.

I sent mine to them a couple years ago due a start of a slide crack (at the slide lock notch). It came back (to me) a brand new gun with an A suffix on the serial number. Their smith had tuned it up very nicely. No problems at all with it.
    Sorry looks back.
    Worry looks around.
    Faith looks up.

Quote Originally Posted by north tex View Post
    I sent mine to them a couple years ago due a start of a slide crack (at the slide lock notch). It came back (to me) a brand new gun with an A suffix on the serial number. Their smith had tuned it up very nicely. No problems at all with it.
    Well, that's good. It's always nice when you get something like that back better than when you sent it out!