“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Leathernecks Go with the H&K M-27

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Leathernecks Go with the H&K M-27

As expected, every well-dressed Marine can now look forward to this $3,000 accessory to his wardrobe.

https://www.military.com/kitup/2018/...ne-grunts.html

Say, can I have one of their M4 hand-me-downs?
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Mini Gun

Re: Leathernecks Go with the H&K M-27

After reading up on the M27, this looks like a no-brainer decision. In actual combat, 1 aimed shot from the M27 accomplished the same result as every 3 or 4 shots from the SAW. More kills/round already battle-proven. I wish I could have one.

Two sad things though are 1) the US government keeps sensing US dollars to Germany for military arms. And 2), and even worse is the Marines are still pansies and still using that wimpy 22 caliber round instead of going back to the 30 caliber.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by groberts View Post
    Two sad things though are 1) the US government keeps sensing US dollars to Germany for military arms. And 2), and even worse is the Marines are still pansies and still using that wimpy 22 caliber round instead of going back to the 30 caliber.
    Still "pansies"? I would assume your talking about the 5.56 caliber versus the 7.62.......if not, and are talking about Marines specifically, you need to check yourself.

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

I figure the Marines are good enough, they don't need anything bigger than .22!
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by bersatoter View Post
    Still "pansies"? I would assume your talking about the 5.56 caliber versus the 7.62.......if not, and are talking about Marines specifically, you need to check yourself.
    Yes I was. It jus irks me to no end to see our weapons' purchases go to furenurs. When our previous commie-in-chief bought presidential helicopters from France/Italy I was ready for revolution.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by groberts View Post
    Yes I was. It jus irks me to no end to see our weapons' purchases go to furenurs. When our previous commie-in-chief bought presidential helicopters from France/Italy I was ready for revolution.
    Ok, thought so. I don't much like the idea of the 5.56mm either. It is "marginally" effective in combat, but just. The round has made a lot of people occupy a hole in the ground, but it does not hit with the same authority as a larger bullet does.

I think the problem is not that they can't afford to replace the uppers on all rifles, but that they have millions of rounds of the 5.56mm, and replacing that would be expensive. I was kinda hoping the 6.5 x 43mm SPC would take off, but it is not to be.