“Making “Wolfgang
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CONSEALED CARRY SHORT COMINGS

Re: CONSEALED CARRY SHORT COMINGS

I most often CCW a Ruger LCP around Florida. I also have a Glock 42 within reach. My Bersa comes out at the range or show and tell times with my friends reminding them of when guns were made of steel.

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Holsters are like guns, you have your favorites. For all leather I have UBG's. Here in Florida my favorite is the N82 Tactical Pro. Soft as a ducks ass aginst bare skin, 100% moisture proof , with super retention.

My UBG's are reserved for my Bersa's

Funny the UBG is made by Nate.
    The N82 is like it sounds Nate X2 or 2 Nates. Lol

I don't like kydex! Period!

So, I did a couple of post in this thread but I had to plug UBG for their craftsmanship in the leather line up too.
    Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 01-25-2018 at 09:28 AM.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Last night bumped into one of my LTC students who thought he was concealed Carrying. had to point out that the shirt had ridden up over the gun. He pulled the gun out and tried to re-holster in his IWB holster and I had to step back. A lot of people do not realize the danger they put themselves in trying to re-holster. If you have to pull a gun from a non-kydex you need to pull the holster also and replace in holster away from your body.
    Retired and hunkering in.

"Ding!"............
    If most "unintentional" bangs happen when one is cleaning their gun.... probably the 2nd most often occurrence is when they are re-holstering!
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelcracker View Post
    I really like my Bersa Thunder 380. It may be my all time favorite. I bought it as a carry gun but that's not working out. The problem is I live in central Florida where daily attire is one layer, usually a polo shirt or the like and rarely a jacket or outer layer. The dang thing is just too obvious and hard too conceal. I could go to an inside the waist holster but heat and humidity preclude that. I tried out the Bersa T380cc at my dealer shop but it's really no help. So it looks like the Bersa is going to be a great car gun. Dang I hate that. Of course, anytime a longish jacket or hoodie is required the Bersa is ideal but that happens NOT often around here.

Any of you guys had this problem and how did you deal with it? Perhaps one of these pocket pop guns ?
    I carry my Thunder, in my carry rotation, and I have no issues with printing. I carry mine in a Fobus Kydex paddle holster, OWB. It's all about your clothes and belt. I carry either OWB or pocket, and I have a number of collared "no tuck" shirts I have bought (one size big), and they cover just fine.

When my wife and I lived in the Naples area, I started to dress this way so I could carry in the heat....I just carried the attire over to Indiana living now.

tarheelcracker

Okay, so I have ordered a Remora IWB holster with the extended sweat shield and the "tuckable" feature. Tuckable allows one to tuck your shirt over the holster even in IWB mode. I got the leather lining just for the hell of it. It's due to arrive today.

I ordered "on line", a more or less painless experience and they were quick to answer a few questions I posed. Of course they now know my email add and have been sending me adds twice a day for 10 days now announcing a 30% off sale. I sent them a email pointing out I had just ordered and asking for the discount . The response was more or less unintelligible. O well.

While I'm on line lets address the safety issue posed a few posts back re the dangers of drawing/re holstering. The reason we (many of us) like the Bersa T380 is because of the DA/SA design. I carry my gun with a shell in the chamber, decocked in DA mode. The danger of an unintentional discharge is low. One has to pull the trigger through it's full range which only then cocks and fires the gun. Yep, that 1st DA shot may not be as accurate as subsequent SA shots but then I haven't shot myself instead of the target. If I'm lucky. LOL

tarheelcracker

Okay got the Remora yesterday. Initial impressions are positive. We shall see.

Matchlock

I find that my BT380cc fits in a Remora holster in a front pocket. Solves the printing problem quite nicely. Not sure how it would do in a hot/humid environment, that isn't a problem in the Pacific Northwe(s)t.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Every time I read the title of this thread my mind interprets it as, "Concealed Carry Shorts" and then I picture Officer John in his uniform shorts!

So I figured I should Google CC shorts to see the latest fashion........

UTUC-Mens-Concealment-Shorts_Black-04__80447.1512831288.jpg

UTUC-Womens-Concealment-Shorts_White-2_6e89c1e4-2a3f-430b-9bf8-a1c6fc35aeb8__84949.1512512751.jpg

tarheelcracker

I've had the Remora for few days now. Mostly okay but I may have made a mistake in ordering the leather lining because the process of getting the holster to form around the gun using a hair dryer is less than perfect. I suspect the leather lining is the issue. No biggie.

tarheelcracker

BTW an interesting aside re this Remora purchase, It came with 2 Magazine pouches as part of the deal. I have just bought a Baretta Pico pocket pistol. In those instances where carrying the Pico in my pocket is not suitable these mag pouches make for a nice IWB holster.

I just recently brought some extra long shirts that conceal well, but TX has open carry and I rarely worry about what people would see if they looked up from their Cell phones.
    Retired and hunkering in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator View Post
    ——— but TX has open carry and I rarely worry about what people would see if they looked up from their Cell phones.
    Glad you pointed that out, saved me some money on shirts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tarheelcracker

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelcracker View Post
    BTW an interesting aside re this Remora purchase, It came with 2 Magazine pouches as part of the deal. I have just bought a Baretta Pico pocket pistol. In those instances where carrying the Pico in my pocket is not suitable these mag pouches make for a nice IWB holster.
    Regarding using these mag pouches as a holster, I had to round off the lower corner of the pouch/holster as it was quite sharp and tended to dig into my tender hide. I used a cigarette lighter to seal off the odd thread then exposed.

Rock

Check out my new thread about today's holster project - very simple style but holds the gun tight against your body. I'll try it tomorrow with a t shirt. I mostly wear short sleeve button up cotton shirts and Hawaiian type things - never tucked in - you can hide a howitzer under those things - roomy T should work, though. IMHO, the Thunder is a tad too big for pocket carry, although it does fit the front pocket of my size 44 jeans. I'll probably build a pocket holster for it eventually, just in case I need it for some reason.

Rock

Most cops are shot with their own guns. I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying. Bad guys practice disarming good guys. Concealing is vital for that reason.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by bustoff View Post
    Most cops are shot with their own guns. I don't want anyone to know I'm carrying. Bad guys practice disarming good guys. Concealing is vital for that reason.
    Hahahahahah! Where do people keep coming up with this garbage? If you want to CC only, great, but stop propagating made up BS.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Ouch
    Certified Armed Infidel

Mini Gun

i don't see bustoff's comment as such a stretch, i distinctly to this day remember a 60 mins or 20/20 segment on inmates training & practicing how to disarm LE, more than a few decades ago. disarm / self inflict is standard curriculum in most self defense courses, some of the same BG's mentioned are probably instructors

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Main problem is making those kind of remarks without data to back them up. Stands to reason that criminals would be interested in how to disarm a cop, but who came up with the info that most police are killed with their own gun?
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12