“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Custom BT320CC Plus build

Mini Gun

Custom BT320CC Plus build

i guess this is a good place to start,

Quote Originally Posted by TrailBlazer999 View Post
    Copied and pasted. Thought y'all might get a kick out of it.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/738680491

You gotta read the auction description: Up for auction is this Damaged, Broken, Busted, Not Working, Missing Parts, Problem Gun perfect for the learning gunsmith or someone wanting a cheap project. The gun is a Bersa Thunder 380 that is missing at least its rear site and has damage all over the entire gun. Double action vs single action does not seem to work correctly. Gun fell off a motorcycle going over 100 MPH (previous owner) and was not found for over a month. It sat outside the entire time but oddly no rust is visible so it must have been in a dry area. The previous owner said after it was found (by him) he took it home to clean it off and accidentally dropped it again off his four story balcony on the pavement below. He picked it up again and decided it was not the gun for him. He brought it to our shop and I kid you not dropped it again in front of us on our floor trying to get it out of an old gym sock he kept it in. So.... What we have here is a gun that has been in a lot of interesting situations and is not in working order. Oddly it does fire a pencil out the end of the barrel when "tested" so the firing pin still hits hard so I think under the horror story of this gun is something that might be able to be saved. He asked us to put it up for auction for a penny and let it ride. Flat rate shipping in a poorly packed but secure box for $15 to all 50 states. Yes you even get the gym sock. FFL REQUIRED and maybe your FFL will pity you and give you a discount on this transfer? If you bid on this, good luck! Personally I would not bid 50 cents for this gun as it is a pile of crap that has been drug across the valley of death and was crapped on by everything along the way. Yes this is a serious auction in VERY heavy humor as requested by the seller. Credit Card is okay for 3% fee. KNOW THE LAW IN YOUR AREA BEFORE BIDDING! ITEM IS AS IS! NO RETURNS! WE DONT WANT THIS TURD BACK! :)
    FWIW i did get a special rate on the transfer, the gym sock did not make the trip AFAIK

and it did seem a little jacked up in the function dept when it arrived but anything can be fixed, right?

step 1: disassemble. remove tail and shorten dust shroud with hacksaw
    step 2: remove trigger guard serrated grip and contour saw cuts with various hand files. i'll go back & tune up the shaping, i tend to get 'blind' after working an area for a while then i see what needs to be tweaked when i come back with 'fresh eyes'.

IMGP0016.jpg

step 3: smooth tool marks with sand cloth, just what i had handy & not done yet. i also softened up the sharp edges all over the frame and blended the damaged spots. nice & smooth now, corners & edges were way too sharp to leave IMO

IMGP0020.jpg

IMGP0021.jpg

step 4: reduce slide stop lever to CC stature, before / after

IMGP0018.jpg

IMGP0017.jpg

step 5: swap standard take down lever and slide stop for CC version, spring is re-used, before / after

IMGP0032.jpg

IMGP0031.jpg

step 6: chamber 32ACP barrel to 32NAA, remove 32 ramp nubs and cut / crown to CC length. heavy tool marks are factory Bersa

IMGP0024.jpg

pics by Vito Glisenti

Mini Gun

Re: Custom BT320CC Plus build

step 7: slap it back together with a complete CC slide, recoil spring, CC hammer and Tillander Custom OD Green grips. function is still jacked up so i ordered a new disconnector (trigger bar) and complete sear / spring / cocking piece assy, installed those parts and it does seem to function properly. still needs a ramp job to feed Hornady 32NAA but it did chamber Cor-Bon with a round nose cycling by hand

IMGP0033.jpg

some comparison pics

IMGP0041.jpg

IMGP0042.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

oops this pic was before trigger guard rounding, BT380 Combat Plus, VG320CC Plus, BT380CC

IMGP0015.jpg

Yeah, i know, the warranty's up on this one ...

pics by Vito Glisenti
    Last edited by Vito Glisenti; 02-12-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Nice. I love seeing "worthless junk" brought back to something cool and unique.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Mini Gun

i think this could've been fixed for $20 but i've wanted to do this for a while. check out the disconnector / trigger bar i took out of it vs the new replacement, and the reason i just went ahead and replaced the sear / cocking assy also. there's more to the story as to why this poor thing got beat up, my theory is that the PO didn't understand how the mech works and got it all jammed up out of synch during a critical episode of Magnum PI and tried to 'fix' it

NewFdDisconnector.jpg

so this morning i took issue with the stock mag release button sticking out so far. this Bersa carries it's own spare mag & reload inside the mag well LOL so tactical mag changes are not on the list. the stock mag button sticking out as it does is just an opportunity to drag snag & dump the mag right when it's needed most

TallMagRelease.jpg

not any more

SmoothMagRelease.jpg

RoundMagRelease2.jpg

RoundMagRelease3.jpg
    Last edited by Vito Glisenti; 02-13-2018 at 01:48 PM.

VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Just picture the dilemma an unsuspecting gunsmith would have in trying to describe to Eagle what he had in his hand.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
    Just picture the dilemma an unsuspecting gunsmith would have in trying to describe to Eagle what he had in his hand.
    Lol, that would be good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Slingshot

Nice Job Vito. To bad while you had it stripped down to a bare frame you didn't make a 3D model of the frame.

Mini Gun

sounds like a Carol Burnett / Tim Conway / Harvey Korman bit

no 3D modeling capability here, is there an app that i can spin it around in front of a webcam? haha

actually i never had it all the way down, i didn't mess with the mag catch & trigger, or the S spring ... but i may have it down all the way for an Earl Shieb after it passes live function testing. FWIW i won't be one bit surprised if Bersa whips off a production run, nothing they don't have in the bins

Slingshot

Nice job ! I'm liking my Series95/32ACP/BT380slide Frankengun , but this is real interesting.

Bersa Warranty Center wolfgang the gun doctor's Avatar

I didn't know there was a BT 320 CC Plus!
    Learn something new every day in this trade.
    Ha!
    Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
    http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
    503-429-7342

Mini Gun

i borrowed the 320 designation from Diamondback ... DB320 is a 32NAA version of their DB380