“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: GBW Legend Pro All Copper 115 grain HP

Mini Gun

GBW Legend Pro All Copper 115 grain HP

Normally "new" products are the same old junk repackaged, but this is the first time I have ever seen a Hollow Point as wide as the Federal HST! So, I can't wait to test them out through some denim. I'm betting it would take a lot of material to clog that hole.

Gotta get my son to drink milk fast so I have about 5 jugs to fill. And find some denim too.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Re: GBW Legend Pro All Copper 115 grain HP

Looks like a DPX only black. Hopefully it performs as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Mini Gun

Yeah, don't know what that black coating is; but it makes it "Tacticool" if its black, right? Anything Tacticool has to be black Where is the emoticon for puke straight into the air when ya need one?

Mini Gun

Tested the GBW All Copper Hollow Point today. 4 layers of denim, shot right through the back pockets. A real butt-buster! Bersa Thunder Pro UC9 from about 10 or 12 feet away. The pictures tell the story.
    5 jugs of water, 4 layers of denim. Bullet went through both back pockets.

Bullet found sticking out of the back of the 2nd jug

Wow this is cool and fun!

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

That bullet is made by Barnes. Same as the DPX but black. I am wondering if there is some molybdenum disulfide in the black coating? It's a very good self-defense cartridge, denim won't affect it, shoots through glass and doesn't lose its initial weight.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

Yours looks very similar to the picture on the box!

Mini Gun

A single bullet is not a very scientific sample, so I decided I would shoot another to see if it performed consistently. But this time, I decided I would shoot it out of a longer barrel to introduce a new variable. So I used my Bersa TP High Capacity 9 to see how this bullet performs with more velocity out the gate.
    Bullet found on the back of the 4th Jug this time! Lots more penetration than with the short-barreled UC.

One petal broke off and was found in the bottom of the 2nd jug

The four layers of denim went flying along with lots of water from the first jug exploding. Gotta say it was fun!

Overall, I must say I'm impressed. This is about as good a performance that a 115 grain bullet has the potential to do. And since Federal does not make their HST in a 115 grain bullet, this is a niche that GBW fills with a very good performing and good priced Defense HP in all-copper. I learned online that the Colt all-copper 115 grain HP is actually made by GBW. The box does not say anything about Barnes, so I'm not sure. Remington now owns Barnes, so I'm not sure what Barnes actually makes anymore.

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Since the OP took the ammo out and ran it through a target, Bersa Chat decorum dictates that I move the thread from the Ammo Chat forum to 9mm Jug Test.

Okay, okay......FakeBersaName called it to my attention in a PM. Since he's a man of the cloth, I believe I've served a higher purpose than just BC housekeeping. I feel pretty good about it anyway.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Mini Gun

I only hope my humble denim/jug efforts are worthy of the acceptance of the greatest Bullet Tester of them all--NCFlyfisher!

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

I would not have thought that little difference in barrel length would have made that much difference in penetration, about double! 'Course, if a person is concerned about over penetration, the compact is the way to go.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Mini Gun

mitcher: Yes, that extra penetration came from the difference between a 3.25" barrel and a 4" barrel; both were Bersa Thunder Pro's--UC9 and HC9. It always amazes me to see how far pistol cartridges do penetrate through tough materials. It ends up being more than you would normally guess.