“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Anyone shoot or carry the Keltec P-32?

Anyone shoot or carry the Keltec P-32?

I remember MT often mentioned sticking one in his pocket. I was just wondering it any one of you actually carry one?

What do you think?

I see that GunPrime has them for $136 + 3% for credit card and about $15 shipping. - https://gun.deals/product/keltec-p32...7rd-blue-17999

Also there is a new ammo available from Underwood that is supposed to get the 32 up to pass the FBI spec. The 50 gr extreme cavitator is supposed to mimic a jhp opening, and it penetrates to about 14 inches. Its not a jhp so no worry about a plugged tip. Unfortunately is $27 for 20 rounds...but worth considering?

- https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...=7865934151737
    Certified Armed Infidel

Re: Anyone shoot or carry the Keltec P-32?

If bersa had still made the BT32 when I bought my first gun I might have bought it instead of the BT380. I had previuslly owned a Walther PP32 and loved it. Until I joined this forum I had been convinced that KelTec was junk. I found out different here. MT really liked his.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Not a .32 but I have a P3AT it takes a Lickin and keeps on Ticken. Fires everything I have ever shot in it. I keep CorBon DPX in it. It loves to be shot one handed.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by groberts View Post
    ......Until I joined this forum I had been convinced that KelTec was junk. I found out different here. MT really liked his.
    I always kinda thought of Keltec as junk..... I saw a youtube video about their pocket guns- don't remember now exactly who did the video.....but they were saying that the P-32 came out in 99 and was designed to be "the pocket gun" to have. And it was mentioned that their guns were a little problematic when they first came out- but now they have had the bugs worked out for years.
    With this newer ammo from Underwood and this low price I see on the gun.....I'm kinda thinking about it?

Yeah....and lately I have considered the P3AT too. TI have 5 of the BT 380's....so I have that size well covered, and my smallest 380 is the Kahr CT 380- but its nearly as big as the BT380CC. Same hight, but the Bersa is about 1/2 inch longer. Both are just a tad large for "pocket" carry.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas
    Lone Star State.. ....................... of mind .......

Myself and my wife both have P32's.

I have had a couple P3AT's but prefer the .32 ...one more round and less felt recoil.

Drop either in your pocket and you'll forget them.

When I don't/can't carry my BT380CC I carry the .32.

Jump on it at that price and you won't regret it.
    Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

I have 2 Colt 32 acp hammerless pocket pistol and a gen 1 Keltec 32 acp. I still carry the refurbished pocket pistol I rejuvenated 4 years ago. Hides really nicely in my Sunday suit pocket or the OWB I got. I enjoy it.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

IIRC the P3AT is the same size as the LCP380. I considered the LCP but the reviews said the felt recoil was higher than the LC9 because it was so light while the LC380 had about half the felt recoil so I got it instead. It's slightly smaller than the BT380 and fits in the same holsters. Plus there is a great frame mounted laser for it.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Had an instructor that carried a p32. He was good with it at the range too. Would like to get one eventually but when I was looking for a carry gun 32 ammo left a lot to be desired and was more expensive than 9mm. My PF 9 is still ticking so I'm in no hurry.
    Sorry looks back.
    Worry looks around.
    Faith looks up.

Quote Originally Posted by north tex View Post
    .....when I was looking for a carry gun 32 ammo left a lot to be desired ......
    Look at Underwoods 50 gr Xtreme Cavitator for 32 ACP. They are not cheap ~ $28 for a 20 box, but they leave a big wound channel and penetrate 14 inches- meeting FBI specs. No jhp does that in 32.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-32-acp-great/
    Certified Armed Infidel

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

My Bersa .32 is fun to shoot, but expensive. In these parts, standard FMJ is more expensive than .380, plus hard to find.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I had one about ten years ago, and I carried and shot it for about a year or so. I never had any issues with it, other than it was way too small for me to shoot well.

VIP Site Supporter
    Cigars all around!

I had one. Liked it and carried often in summer time in Utah. I only got rid of it when I got hired on by the PD and they required .380 or larger if you wanted to be blessed off for off duty carry. I can carry whatever I want, just not under LEOSA exceptions or as identifying as PD

Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    I remember MT often mentioned sticking one in his pocket. I was just wondering it any one of you actually carry one?

What do you think?

I see that GunPrime has them for $136 + 3% for credit card and about $15 shipping. - https://gun.deals/product/keltec-p32...7rd-blue-17999

Also there is a new ammo available from Underwood that is supposed to get the 32 up to pass the FBI spec. The 50 gr extreme cavitator is supposed to mimic a jhp opening, and it penetrates to about 14 inches. Its not a jhp so no worry about a plugged tip. Unfortunately is $27 for 20 rounds...but worth considering?

- https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...=7865934151737
    Has anybody used this site to buy a gun ?
    Friday a thief, Sunday a king

Quote Originally Posted by darrellkansas View Post
    Has anybody used this site to buy a gun ?

I have not used gunprime.... but have used others that advertise on this "gun.deals" site without issues.
    Certified Armed Infidel

I don't own one, but at that price it's attractive. I don't know if I'd carry it though, just because I already carry an LCP, and the size is very similar and the weight negligible imo.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

I also have an LCP. I wouldn't have any reservations about having a KelTec in 32 or 380, I just don't need another plastic pocket gun. Palmetto has been selling off the original style LCP for $169 in their sale emails quite often. I probably should've gotten a second for a spare.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."