“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Forcing cone tool

Flintlock

Forcing cone tool

I have three revolvers, two .44's and a .45, who need a forcing cone (not a new one, the factories just didn't bother by modern standards). Last time I looked at Brownell's catalog I found the prices of their cutting kits a little high. So would the .44 kit cut a .45's barrel with a little modifications or the other way around? Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Re: Forcing cone tool

PTG's tooling is not caliber specific. Not sure what Brownells is selling. The pilots are interchangeable. You need pilots, the tool handle and whatever angle you want to cut at. I think 11° is the most versatile personally. Direct from Pacific is where I get the best price, sometimes Midway is a little less but not usually. I've bought a bunch of various cutters directly from them the last few years with great service.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Flintlock

Thanks a lot! Did you get the T-Handle and "rod" from them? Also It doesn't look like they have throat only reamers for revolvers (that's for a fourth gun)... I will seach again tomorrow...

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Call them if you dont see exactly what you want. If it's a thing, they've made it and may have it sitting around. They do a ton of custom cutters and chamber reamers. I only bought one cone cutter and pilots for .357, mostly I have an assortment of crown cutters, but they do it all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."