“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Maine

VIP Site Supporter keoweecenturion's Avatar

Maine

anyone from Maine visiting this forum? I was born in Rockland and now live in SC. Just checking to see who might be out there.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Slingshot

Re: Maine

I'm living in New Hampshire but was actually born in the shipyard so maybe I was born in Maine and maybe I was born in New Hampshire. The US Supreme Court might have to have another go at deciding that!

For those not familiar with the issue the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard is at the mouth of the river dividing NH and ME. Maine has income tax, NH doesn't. Some shipyard workers claim the shipyard is actually in NH and therefore they shouldn't have to pay ME income tax. US Supreme Court says it in is ME for now.

My guess is that NH will get the shipyard back just before it is closed and then will be stuck with the toxic waste clean up bill!

The winters get a bit long up here. Politics helps keep everyone warm under the collar.
    1 Ruger, 2 Firestorms, 4 Bersas, a few rifles, no shotguns...yet

Is it true there's no snakes in Maine? The real ones, not politicians.
    “Big bullets let in a lot of air and let out a lot of blood.”
    -
    Elmer Keith

VIP Site Supporter keoweecenturion's Avatar

NCfly, Maine doesn't have any poison snakes slithering around. it's just too cold. But I grew up in the country and we had milk adders that would come out of the fields. Some got real big and they were aggressive. they'd bite especially if you stepped on one which I did when 6 years old. But Maine is a great state and the coastline is just spectacular in it's beauty. The brook trout and salmon fly fishing on the upstate rivers and streams is awesome. SC is where I live now and I love it, but but I'll always consider Maine my home state.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

A Bersa Firestorm .380 owner here in Lewiston checking in. While I've never seen a rattler in Maine, they did once range up here.

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat JohnPainter.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Hi from Veazie, Me! Just picked up a Thunder .380 yesterday! And no, I haven't seen a snake in years.

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to the madhouse Mildbill. I'd say your climate's not really compatable to snakes. That's a shame 'cause they're cute little boogers, especially when they get up on the kitchen window sill, peep in & say hi to your wife when she's washing dishes.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Welcome to the madhouse Mildbill. I'd say your climate's not really compatable to snakes. That's a shame 'cause they're cute little boogers, especially when they get up on the kitchen window sill, peep in & say hi to your wife when she's washing dishes.
    It was really nice knowing you mitchr

Welcome to the great people of Maine. Spread the word we need more here on Bersa Chat

Used to live on Columbia St. in Bangor, never saw any snakes in town. Saw a few unsavory characters over by the old bus stop though.

Its been awhile since I stopped in so I thought I stop by here and say howdy, again. I'm no longer an exile now and have returned to Maine and to the Bersa owners family of happy shooters. Almost. I recently won a Thunder 9 pro on GB and the seller has a lay away plan which made it possible to buy it. I hope to pay it off by Nov and take delivery soon there after.

I was prompted to buy another Bersa (after foolishly trading my Thunder 45 UC Pro a couple years ago) when I suffered the embarrassment of a Negligent Discharge (down range & in the dirt thank God) while attempting to manually decock my Arcus after a round of drills. The hammer just slipped through my fingers. After overcoming the shock, the first thing I thought was that this would not have happened if I had Thunder series firearm. So, I started looking for a replacement in 9mm as soon as I got back home.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I will not disarm

Watchmen of America

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome back. The rounded hammers that most pistols have today are not well suited for lowering them on a live round. It can be done, but there's always that possibility of an uh-oh. That's why I carry my 1911s & Sigs in cocked & locked condition.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Thanks Mitch.

Yeah, I was even using TWO fingers to decock and a split second of inattention ie; complacency, jolted me back to reality. I'm almost 58 and its the very first time something like that has happened.

The group trainer at least made it a teaching moment for our newer members about how important muzzle awareness and discipline is when something like that happens. I screwed up, but I screwed up the right way.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I will not disarm

Watchmen of America

Hi from western Maine, New to Bersa chat picked up my first Bersa a pro uc 45acp how is everybody doing. Suggestions on where to look for iwb holster and spare mags

Quote Originally Posted by keithdog View Post
    Hi from western Maine, New to Bersa chat picked up my first Bersa a pro uc 45acp how is everybody doing. Suggestions on where to look for iwb holster and spare mags
    Hello and welcome from Indiana!

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome to Bersa Chat keithdog. For all things Bersa, Condor's Flight. Good off-the-shelf holsters, mags, etc.

http://www.condorsflight.com/

For a high quality custom fitted holster, go to UBG.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Thanks for the leads Mitch, I will check them out.