Gun Ownership Declining

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun Ownership Declining

I don't know, but something just seems a little "off" about their results. Perhaps many participants were less than truthful?
    The number of Americans who live in a household with at least one gun is lower than it's ever been, according to a major American trend survey...

The 2014 poll finds that 22 percent of Americans own a firearm, down from a high of 31 percent who said so in 1985.
    Major Survey Shows Gun Ownership Declining

Re: Gun Ownership Declining

The people polled may not want anyone to know they own firearms.. The less the government knows, the less of a chance of confiscation....
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

"As for me and my house"................... no one will ever know if we have guns or how many. It's none of their business.
      Originally joined Bersa Talk 8-15-2008

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
        "As for me and my house"................... no one will ever know if we have guns or how many. It's none of their business.
        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

And they really think a smart gun owner is going to answer their stupid poll, and I have a bridge to sell too.

Comment

Very true! I lost all mine in that near fatal boating indecent.............
            Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

I had guns. Now they are all ghosts.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

We're also supposed to believe that inflation is low, employment is high, everyone can afford health care, and the biggest threat to the world is hot weather.

None of it passes the smell test.
                Certified Armed Infidel
                كافر

Comment

Originally posted by John_R View Post
                  We're also supposed to believe that inflation is low, employment is high, everyone can afford health care, and the biggest threat to the world is hot weather.
                  And Hillary turned over all of the government's emails.
                  Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

The problem with this article is -the source. (ed. like almost always)

"The General Social Survey is administered by NORC at the University of Chicago, primarily using in-person interviewing."
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

The General Social Survey is conducted by NORC, an independent research organization based at the University of Chicago
                      That should explain some of it. Secondly the sample size was 2000 people. Anyone who knows anything about quantitative analysis knows it takes at least 10,000 examples to be considered minimally accurate. I hope the liberal anti-gun crowd believes the poll.
                      TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Wonder how many of the 2000 lived in chicago where owning guns is frowned on.
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                          Wonder how many of the 2000 lived in chicago where owning guns is frowned on.
                          And how many Chicago gun owners are not legally allowed to own them, therefore said no.
                          Certified Armed Infidel
                          كافر

Comment

Yep I am buying it.....a bunch of firearm owners have decided to get rid of all of them. And gun sales have been at record highs while folks are getting rid of what they own. I bet gun safe sales are also at a record high.
                            Certified Armed Infidel .
                            WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
                            45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

Yeah. Right. Gun sales records being smashed in the past several years with many of them "first time buyers." Of course gun ownership is declining.

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
                              George Orwell, 1984
                              http://georgiacarry.org/
                              The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Working...
                              X