The "Us vs. Them" Gun Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Us vs. Them" Gun Issue

This is an interesting perspective that presents a middle of the road analysis on gun violence and gang violence in particular. Rather than engage in platitudes about what will make America safe, the author seeks a solution through science that he says is rarely employed in addressing the problem. You can agree or disagree with all or part of it (and I do ); but he's saying both sides of the issue are out of balance and offers a solution. The report doesn't mention a principal reason why we desire to bear arms--that of resistance to tyranny--but heck, he'd have to second guess the Constitution to pursue that on a scientific basis.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-h...b_7865480.html
    Last edited by gun sane; 07-25-2015, 09:29 AM.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Re: The "Us vs. Them" Gun Issue

I believe the gang violence problem comes from the breakdown of the family. If we stopped government subsidies for single parenthood it would be a start. But they will never try that.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Comment

^^^.....absolutely.

I believe 50 years ago or so there were a lot of "perceived problems" in the less fortunate groups of our society. The adjustments made to help correct these perceptions never really helped, but only served to create a monster. And a monster we do have!
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Gang violence goes way deeper than family breakdown. There are married couples with stable lives and who provide for their kids, yet the kids still get sucked into the gang lifestyle. A certain faction of our population that represents 15% or so, tend to migrate to a modern version of a standard of living that dates back to before their unwanted arrival in this country. Things like impregnating as many women as possible, running in packs and beating neighboring tribes, etc. The primary driving force behind todays gang problem is drugs. I could go on but it's early and I am tired. Plus I don't wanna get a few or our more politically correct members' panties in a wad this early on a fine Sunday morning.
        I'm with GS, I kinda may or may not agree with some of what he says.

Comment

The gangs have money, cars, drugs, power, control. A black kid growing up in the ghetto in a family of 5 or 6 kids, no father, no income other than what the Government give them, the gangs offer the best scenario.
          TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Working...
          X