Dems Roll Out "Assault Weapons Ban of 2015"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dems Roll Out "Assault Weapons Ban of 2015"

Which is not to be confused with the "Assault Weapons Ban of 2014" or "....Ban of 2013" or etc.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ce=www.ccdl.us
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Re: Dems Roll Out "Assault Weapons Ban of 2015"

They should have named it the "Gun sales booster bill of 2016."

Maybe my MP15 will double in value.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Comment

Wish I had 4 or 5 AR 15's to sell....................................
      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
      NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

Here is the bill if you want to find out what is included. Note: It may take a while to download? Very long list of guns to be banned and those not to be banned.
        https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-...bill/4269/text
        TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Even semiautomatic .22s and lever action rifles are now "assault weapons"?

What drivel!
          Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Comment

Assault rifle ban of 2015

Unbelievable!

House Resolution 4269
            To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.
            https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/4269/text

Comment

Re: Assault rifle ban of 2015

The good news is at least after the trouncing they took in the last election, for NOW I don't think it'll pass. Hopefully conservatives will keep this in mind come November next year. But like GS has pretty much pointed out, they'll continue trying time and time again. Before prices get out of hand again, I need to order some AR parts.

Comment

Doing the same thing over and over (introducing unconstitutional bills to ban guns) and expecting different results = insanity.
                Certified Armed Infidel
                كافر

Comment

I don't think this bill is going anywhere. What scares me is that O'Bummer is threatening to announce some executive action on gun control in the State of the Union address.

Comment

With the kind of people in Congress today and so many co-sponsors, we can't afford to blow this off. It's like being diagnosed with cancer and saying, "it'll go away," or being sued - you can't blow off a lawsuit, you must fight it. Our government has just initiated legal action against peaceful law abiding citizens. Bersa pistols with >10 round mags will be banned. Even Hi Point monkey guns would be banned.
                    Certified Armed Infidel
                    كافر

Comment

They are trying to redefine what is an assault weapon and rewrite the Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by John_R View Post
                        Doing the same thing over and over (introducing unconstitutional bills to ban guns) and expecting different results = insanity.

also = agenda

And an agenda never goes away.

Comment

I'm not to certain what a executive order is and I'm sure I don't like it. Back when I was growing up we studied the checks and balances built into the government between the congress, judicial and executive branches. no one said Pres could trump this with a "executive order". Sounds unconstitutional to me.
                          Retired and hunkering in.

Comment

EOs are supposed to let the president issue an order to a cabinet agency to do something already established by law. But in this post-constitutional era, it doesn't really matter. No one ever gets punished for violating the Constitution, so it's a free-for-all.

The other problem is that there are far too many cabinet agencies with far too much power. Did anyone ever dream that power over issuing passports could be trumped by the IRS?
                            Certified Armed Infidel
                            كافر

Comment

Originally posted by John_R View Post
                              EOs are supposed to let the president issue an order to a cabinet agency to do something already established by law. But in this post-constitutional era, it doesn't really matter. No one ever gets punished for violating the Constitution, so it's a free-for-all.

The other problem is that there are far too many cabinet agencies with far too much power. Did anyone ever dream that power over issuing passports could be trumped by the IRS?
                              It's definitely way out of hand. I don't remember the exact amount, but the number of EO's the last two administrations have written is phenominal. I don't think 9-11 was done by the govt., but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they knew about the plans for it. Sacrifice a few to establish control of the many.
                              Heck, it's hard to keep track of the exact number with as many as Obummer is churning out. It's about like keeping track of traffic accidents world wide, numbers are subject to change dramatically from day to day.

Comment

Working...
                              X