Obama's new executive order classifies "gun violence" as a disease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obama's new executive order classifies "gun violence" as a disease

Executive Order #14 considers gun violence akin to polio and other diseases.

"14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

So now the CDC is going to determine what is allowed in regard to guns for health reasons.

I'm betting this will be very unhealthy for the 2nd Ammendment, and for freedom.

Re: Obama's new executive order classifies "gun violence" as a disease

Imagine how these two other executive orders are going to be misused!

"16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

Not only can you NOT "keep the doctor you like" but now your new doctor will be asking you questions about your guns and reporting any perceived threat to the authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
      Imagine how these two other executive orders are going to be misused!

"16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.

17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities."

Not only can you NOT "keep the doctor you like" but now your new doctor will be asking you questions about your guns and reporting any perceived threat to the authorities.
      If my Doctor was to ask about guns in my home I would tell him to worry about my health and not my political opinions. Then I might have to ask if he has the same disease that causes Obummer's limp wrists.

Comment

Originally posted by theburtman View Post
        If my Doctor was to ask about guns in my home I would tell him to worry about my health and not my political opinions.
        Exactly what I would say.

Comment

Maybe there's some truth to this.....executive actions on gun control make me sick.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Dam Trump looking better all the time . Hillary would expand Cruze would just talk That rejected Cuban would open borders even more and that so called doctor would just say DUH !!! Bush and rest won't know election over and still be campaigning in 2025 .
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

It's no wonder so many doctors are throwing in the towel, they don't want to deal with this garbage. Might as well let the foreign doctors from Muslim countries come in and take their jobs. Yessirreee, there are a LOT of Muslim doctors in the US. Scary? Aloha snackbar, you have guns in your house? Let me snitch to the boss so he'll know where you live, when we goat blowers rise up we don't want any opposition.

Meanwhile, your teenage daughter can get an abortion without you being told, and the baby's body parts sold for cash.
              Certified Armed Infidel
              كافر

Comment

John_R: you almost forgot the best part--your grandaughter's body parts generate a profit, part of which go straight into a Hillary Clinton Campaign fund; thus feeding the whole cycle. She gets elected and passes more "health regulations"!

Come Lord Jesus, save us! Come quickly!

Comment

If asking about guns is a "valid" healthcare question, then it would be valid for me to ask about the sexual practices of healthcare professionals that might have direct or indirect contact with my body....fair is fair..

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
                    Executive Order #14 considers gun violence akin to polio and other diseases.

"14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence."

So now the CDC is going to determine what is allowed in regard to guns for health reasons.

I'm betting this will be very unhealthy for the 2nd Ammendment, and for freedom.

Congress has refused to fund that game for years...
                    Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Comment

Originally posted by John_R View Post
                      It's no wonder so many doctors are throwing in the towel, they don't want to deal with this garbage. Might as well let the foreign doctors from Muslim countries come in and take their jobs. Yessirreee, there are a LOT of Muslim doctors in the US.
                      I just fired my muslim VA doctor today.
                      Not going back there ever again.
                      Fortunately, I don't have to.
                      We have in-house hospital provided health insurance again.
                      (D got hired by Baylor Hospital Systems today)
                      Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Comment

Why is the government overlooking the danger of matches when combined with mental disease?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=717vb7kLKKk
                        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

My primary Dr. hunts, owns guns, and unfotunately is getting on up there in age. As a kid he was my Dr, and I moved off. Years later, I came back, he's been my primary doctor technically for over 40 years. He's never asked me if I own a gun, he has however asked me what I use for whitetail, lol.

Comment

I had a gun talk with my doctor, long ago. When I told him I was a certified CHL Instructor he wanted to take a class and my wife's doctor has more guns than I do. Obama care caused me to loose this doctor because he no longer carries the private insurance which my company elected for this year. I did a little checking and all fourteen of us in the office lost our doctors. We convinced the company to change to a insurance plan so we could still access our favorite doctors.

There is NOTHING in the constitution about executive Orders. I consider these to be illegal, violating the balance of power which this government was started with, and simply a tantrum by a President who is not a consensus builder and ignores the will of the people and the Constitution. In short the willful acts of a dictator.
                            Retired and hunkering in.

Comment

Interesting discussion about doctors and guns... guess I've just glossed over several of the discussions held here about it. Both of my doctors, my dentist, their nurses and several of the office technicians know I carry. While I've never been formally asked the question... it's pretty obvious when I'm asked to remove my shirt/cover for this or that test, xray, etc. as my gun is always holstered on my belt. I don't recall ever hearing a negative comment about being armed and have had several discussions about carry options with a couple of nurses.
                              Certified Armed Infidel

Si vis pacem, para bellum <if you want peace, prepare for war>

Comment

Working...
                              X