X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guns4me
    replied
    Re: BILL OF RIGHTS - CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENTS

"Bill of Rights" - when it comes to the 2A, most states think it is the "Bill of Suggestions Not to be Taken Seriously"

Leave a comment:

• gtgeorge
    replied

I always thought that the Bill of rights (1st 10 amendments) were and are not open for change. I am not sure where I got that from and may need to go back and study again as I don't see anything referencing my memory of such.

Leave a comment:

• John_R
    replied

Wow, Hitlery says the unborn have no rights. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...constitutiona/

But convicted killers here illegally probably do.

Leave a comment:

• ParaCav
    replied

Originally posted by Mason View Post
    Ok... But I guess you missed my point locked up on a detail, call it what you want the rule of the 18th went away.. And with the the perfect storm so could any other. And if the courts and justice depts won't support it or the law in general, then they are all meaningless.. Hell even the 1st is under almost as much fire as the second is now. "They" are even doing it to them selfs.. Times they are a changing..
    No, I understood what you posted. You are correct, the 18th is repealed. I just found it strange that an Amendment has to be repealed by another Amendment. And it seems strange to me that the 18th is still listed in the Bill of Rights? They could use a disclaimer or draw line through it or something . Also, the 4th amendment is being attacked.

Leave a comment:

• Mason
    replied

Ok... But I guess you missed my point locked up on a detail, call it what you want the rule of the 18th went away.. And with the the perfect storm so could any other. And if the courts and justice depts won't support it or the law in general, then they are all meaningless.. Hell even the 1st is under almost as much fire as the second is now. "They" are even doing it to them selfs.. Times they are a changing..

Leave a comment:

• ParaCav
    replied

Actually the 18th was voided by another Amendment (I think the 18th is still listed as an Amendment) the 21st which was ratified by 46 States. Connecticut and Rhode Island were the only two States that did not vote in favor. The Twenty-first Amendment allowed States to maintain an effective and uniform system for controlling liquor by regulating its transportation, importation, and use.. So there could be another Amendment approved by the States which would void the 2nd Amendment. But I can't see 66.6% of the States ratifying it. Congress would have to have 66.6% approval for any Amendment. A Constitutional Convention is a little vague. It requires 2/3rds of the States approving a Convention and then a percentage of Delegates from each State attend the Convention?
    Last edited by ParaCav; 04-02-2016, 10:11 AM. Reason: spelin edate

Leave a comment:

• Mason
    replied

For the record the 18th admendment was in fact repealed.. That's only 16 away from number 2.. And fact of the matter the bill or rights is just words. And if the courts or justice dep chooses to not uphold these words then they are meaningless.. Lately is seems like the justice dept is ignoring a lot of things..

Leave a comment:

• guns4me
    replied

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
    That's where common sense is supposed to kick in. Sadly, common sense seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird in this country.
    unfortunately, common sense appears to becoming quite rare.

Leave a comment:

• mitchr
    replied

That's where common sense is supposed to kick in. Sadly, common sense seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird in this country.

Leave a comment:

• ParaCav
    replied

I think there is one thing we are not considering. The Amendments or Bill of Rights whichever you want to call it, is not and cannot be absolute. We cannot use our rights to violate the rights of another Citizen. All rights are equal. Their importance is not measured by their position in the Amendments. In other words, the 1st Amendment is not the most important and does not rule over all others.
    Last edited by ParaCav; 03-31-2016, 09:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gunowner99
    replied

Originally posted by Gyrkin View Post
    Or a POTUS that simply ignores the Constitution.
    Like he already has...

Leave a comment:

• John_R
    replied

The 3rd Reich got the AP to be their propaganda arm, no reason not to believe the media doesn't still make these agreements with the powers that be. http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...iet-scharnberg

Leave a comment:

• mitchr
    replied

Well, the "powers that be" have chosen to ignore the 2nd & the press has elected to use the 1st to cover up what the "powers that be" are doing.

Leave a comment:

• John_R
    replied

Well, delete or edit this if the mods see fit, but the framers meant for the 1A to let a free press expose abuse of power and tyranny, and for 2A to contain the solution. My, how times have changed.

Leave a comment:

• cavelamb
    replied

well for what iuts worth we have become subjects of rule of man rather than rule of law.
    The real rulers of this world are thr multinational coroprations.
    They can have the laws changed to suit their needs any time they want.
    We the people can only do that through constitutional convention.
    But most informed people are worried about thatprocess getting hijacked
    by money influence if it ever gets started.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X