Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Senators now want to carry guns.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    So Senators now want to carry guns.

    After being shot at that is.

    Of course they only want to extend that right to carry in DC to themselves.

    The 2A does not mention only congressmen, or only cops.

    I like Rand Paul. But if he supports carry for Congress and officials, I'll never support him again.
    Same for Hal Rodgers and old Mitch.

    Every free person has the RTRTKA by virtue of being born.

    Elitism at its self entitled best.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

    #2
    Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

    The big problem in DC as they have got the idea that they are more important than anyone else & deserve special treatment. I've never been an advocate for term limits because it means you can lose some good people in the process & I always figure the elections were our way of forcing term limits on them. I've about come to the conclusion that until we do get term limits, stop all the special insurance & retirement perks. DC will just get worse.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

    Certified Armed Infidel

    Right Wing Extremist

    Comment


      #3
      Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

      I used to think term limits were a good thing and voted for the amendment to limit terms in Michigan back in 1992. Now I'm not so sure. Sometimes you need a few elder statesmen that do the right thing without worrying about the consequences. The problem has become that few politicos seem to want to do the "right" thing .... they just vote along party lines or to protect their base voters. And gerrymandering has made it hard for voters to make changes.

      Comment


        #4
        Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

        Everybody knows that the 2nd amendment applies to the "militia" don't they? You know what? I'm a member of my own militia, CO, XO, Adj, JAG, gofer. They all reside in me because I am responsible for me and mine. The ultimate defense comes from my awareness of my surroundings and my actions to protect me and mine.

        ​I'm sorry, the foregoing was supposed to be in the color purple to denote sarcasm. My apologies for my oversight.......................................
        W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
        NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

        Comment


          #5
          Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

          It would be interesting to find out how many of the "elites" in Washington are already carrying.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

          Certified Armed Infidel

          Right Wing Extremist

          Comment


            #6
            Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

            The assassination attempt on Pres. Reagan's life was a wake up call for him on the issue.

            http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/15/bi...ealed-handgun/
            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

            Comment


              #7
              Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

              I think this has come up because, as of right now, I heard a report that said it was against the law for people of Congress to carry any kind of firearms in and around the Capital Building. Kinda like for us too? Yeah. Well, if they are allowed to carry there, properly permitted, then we should be able to as well.

              Guess we'll see where all this crap goes.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                That's one thing I appreciated about our Texas legislature. People with a CHL are allowed to carry in the State Capital. In fact, they get to use the fast lane, by-passing the metal detectors.
                Think Green.......Recycle Congress

                Certified Armed Infidel

                Right Wing Extremist

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                  Originally posted by bersatoter View Post
                  I think this has come up because, as of right now, I heard a report that said it was against the law for people of Congress to carry any kind of firearms in and around the Capital Building. Kinda like for us too? Yeah. Well, if they are allowed to carry there, properly permitted, then we should be able to as well.

                  Guess we'll see where all this crap goes.
                  It would be nice if the Congress critters upheld their oath, took SCOTUS by the throat as they are empowered to do, and forced them too also.

                  If that was the case then there would be no need for infringing "proper permits" or permits at all.
                  For anyone anyplace.
                  You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                    Originally posted by Ghost1958 View Post
                    It would be nice if the Congress critters upheld their oath, took SCOTUS by the throat as they are empowered to do, and forced them too also.

                    If that was the case then there would be no need for infringing "proper permits" or permits at all.
                    For anyone anyplace.
                    This is true. Like I said, we will see where this goes.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                      I think it just might be a bad idea for all those congressmen to go around armed. They would do themselves a mischief resulting in a lot of special elections. What a way to cut short a filibuster. I think it would be better for them to learn how to be courteous towards one ​another. Unfortunately too many of them don't know that respect is a two-way street.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                        Originally posted by bersatoter View Post
                        I think this has come up because, as of right now, I heard a report that said it was against the law for people of Congress to carry any kind of firearms in and around the Capital Building. Kinda like for us too? Yeah. Well, if they are allowed to carry there, properly permitted, then we should be able to as well.

                        Guess we'll see where all this crap goes.
                        it is currently against the law for anyone other that the Capitol Police and Secret Service to carry anything into any Federal building regardless of their carry status. This includes the Smithsonian, the Capitol building and all Capitol offices. So, there are a LOT of laws that would need to change in order to make that happen.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                          The entire time Diane Feinstein was creaming about gun control she was carrying.
                          Certified Armed Infidel

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                            Originally posted by groberts View Post
                            The entire time Diane Feinstein was creaming about gun control she was carrying.
                            Yup, a .38 Special revolver. Witch.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: So Senators now want to carry guns.

                              Originally posted by guns4me View Post
                              it is currently against the law for anyone other that the Capitol Police and Secret Service to carry anything into any Federal building regardless of their carry status. This includes the Smithsonian, the Capitol building and all Capitol offices. So, there are a LOT of laws that would need to change in order to make that happen.
                              To carry guns all congress need do is what they normally do with most laws they pass. Exempt themselves from the laws that prevent them being armed.
                              Does the average citizen no good at all of course.
                              You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X