Deerfield Illinois Bans "Assault Weapons" and High-Cap Mags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Deerfield Illinois Bans "Assault Weapons" and High-Cap Mags

[QUOTE=Vito Glisenti;411833]NRA to support Guns Save Life in Illinois Lawsuit

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2018...linois-lawsuit

Great News. The first I have heard of it. If the NRA actually does something and gets this local law cabashed I will rejoin the NRA. I wonder if this will put a temp hold on the law. Can't remember if there was a definite time set for the law to become in effect?
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

ISRA Richard Pearson did an appearance on Fox & Friends

http://video.foxnews.com/v/579369804...#sp=show-clips

Comment

I suppose the city has a list of owners so they know who to fine? I suppose their jurisdiction doesn't go past the city limits, so folks that have friends/relatives outside the city could just store them there until it's settled in the courts? You can bet your last dollar that when the court says you can't do that, weapons that have already been confiscated will not be returned, or will not be in condition to fire, if they are returned.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

list of owners i kinda doubt, except for any defacto registration local LE has gathered illegally during the course of daily operations ... or possibly an illegally created database derived from NICS as they go though Illinois State Police, but i've been reassured many times that it's not even possible to identify the proposed transfer item from the information forwarded to the ISP. see Background Check here https://www.gatguns.com/information/...-gun-buyer-faq

but it would have what some call meta-data, name, address, date, approved or declined

now all that's needed is a reason to inquire on the transferred item, maybe a concerned neighbor saw what appeared to be a possible weapon (wink wink) and that'll require an explanation. or social media 'evidence'. maybe an unconstitutional search of financial records of residents, i think i've read that Sometown USA has already done just that looking for a suspect

produce the item before a deadline &/or comply to a voluntary search or SWAT'll be here in a few with a warrant and legal authority to pull the drywall down. open the safe or they'll torch it. they'll probably knock while you're at work, and detain you there for good measure pursuant to arrest for resisting or failure to comply. that'll look good on your next review

w/o transfer docs it's still owned (possessed) by a resident within the jurisdiction, could AlphaBeT-FE confiscate the item from where it's being stored?

and yeah it took a darn long time & legal action to get weapons illegally seized from Katrina in 8-2005 weren't returned until 2008 or later if at all after having been 'stored' in shipping a container IIRC

never happen here, right?

Comment

The FOID card you folks must get doesn't have firearm info? Maybe info on ammo calber?
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

no specific firearm info connected to FOID,

FOID card holders get background checked literally every day of the year except less than a handful of holidays.

card required to buy ammo cash & carry or by mail, and firearms with an additional NICS check to verify the card has not been revoked,

currently 72 hr wait for handguns stripped AR lowers and 'pistol' shotguns, 24 hr wait for long guns

pending legislation to make everything 72 hrs if passed

FOID also required for most airguns worth buying

CCL supercedes FOID but both are issued for now

Comment

a Temporary Restraining Order / Injunction has been granted

and the Gun Dealer Licensing bill is back again in the form of SB337, but this bill carries a Motion To Reconsider which must be withdrawn or voted on before it can be signed

i hope the ISRA & NRA are ready for the schitt storm that JB Pritzker will bring on if he wins the illannoy presidency (currently usurped by dear leader mike madigan)

Comment

Working...
                X