Just Give, Not Give Up Your Guns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Give, Not Give Up Your Guns?

A reformed anti-gunner makes a pitch to spread the gun wealth around to those who don't have one. That's how to bring more into the 2A fold, he says.

Old liberal habits die hard.

https://pagetwo.completecolorado.com...k-for-details/
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

May sound dumb at first?........but actually....... it may be a good way thin out the herd of one who is aging and can not bring himself to "sell" a long time shooting companion at used price values.
    I'm going to give this some thought.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Good on ya, brojohn! I won't speak against doing something for convenience or charity. This giveaway even sounds similar to the Lord's instruction to share an extra coat or food with someone who is destitute of those things. But the idea of freely transferring gun ownership doesn't fit neatly into the same holy context. In the divine order of things, a firearm isn't vital to maintain a normal, functioning life. Owning a gun is in a different category from eating or being clothed; it's meant to satisfy a strong desire in responsible people to protect themselves as a deterrent from possible harm .

I applaud the man's choice to put his gun where his mouth is. But there's no certainty that the new owner won't jump at the next buyback program, rather than preserve our 2A rights. Easily acquired things are not necessarily precious things. If so, border jumpers and welfare hogs would be the most patriotic people on the planet.
      Last edited by gun sane; 08-22-2019, 12:25 PM.
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Convert the anti gunner first, by taking her/him to the range. Teach them gun safety & let them shoot. When they express the desire to buy a firearm of their own, then give it to them, if you are so inclined.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Over the years, I have given away many many guns for various reasons. But all have been either friends or relatives. I have talked guns with several anti-gunners over the years. Finally decided I didn't have the time to waste.
          TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Working...
          X