What's up with Wyoming?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's up with Wyoming?

Looks like the reciprocity law passed but I am waiting for the AG to update the official list. Anyone hear when that might happen? I am itching for a visit so let's gitter done.
    “The taxpayer: That’s someone who works for the federal government, but doesnʼt have to take a civil service examination.” – Ronald Reagan

They can't leave the sheep long enough to get up dated
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Well the AG is a Democrat.
      Terry
      “The taxpayer: That’s someone who works for the federal government, but doesnʼt have to take a civil service examination.” – Ronald Reagan

Comment

ok what is the reciprocity law ?

Comment

Last budget session, they passed and Gov signed into law clarifications for CCW law in WY. It was my understanding - but I can't find a reference to substantiate - that as soon as the Gov signed this, it went into effect.

The reciprocity story goes....
          State AG no longer has the authority to 'review' other state CCW laws to see if they're "OK" to be recognized in WY. If another state recognize ours, we recognize theirs - done.

This stemmed from a rather embarassing incident when earlier, the state AG canceled reciprocity with several other states saying their issue laws were not up to Wyoming standards. There was enough of a backlash, the AG was forced to reinstate reciprocity with those states while he conducted an 'investigation and review'. Before he could complete that, the legislature basically slapped him upside the head and told 'em to siddown, shaddup and revoked his authority on the matter.

But, it sure doesn't surprise me that his office has been so d@## slow in updating their web site. He's been embarrassed and slapped (and to give 'em credit, he was doing what he was told - just that his own liberal views were expressed stronger than was desired) - if he ever gets it posted before he's replaced, I'd be surprised. Thankfully the law is ACTIVE now, it's published and in force. Get a copy of it and read up. His website does not define the law.

Here's the new rules - ironically from the WY AG's web site. http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/d...ammendment.pdf See 6-8-104(a)iii
          (a) A person who wears or carries a concealed deadly weapon is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of not more than seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00), imprisonment in the county jail for not more than six (6) months, or both, unless:
          (i) The person is a peace officer;
          (ii) The person possesses a permit under this section; or
          (iii) The person holds a valid permit authorizing him to carry a concealed firearm authorized and issued by a governmental agency or entity in another state that recognizes Wyoming permits and is a valid statewide permit.
          For reference, here's the old part iii

(iii) The person holds a valid permit authorizing him to carry a concealed firearm authorized and issued by a governmental agency or entity in another state that recognizes Wyoming permits, is a valid statewide permit, and the state has laws similar to the provisions of this section, as determined by the attorney general, including a proper background check of the permit holder.
          Last edited by Zotter; 04-03-2010, 02:48 PM.
          "...too little penetration will get you killed."

Comment

Very cool. That means that since Nebraska officially recognizes Wyoming I'm golden. Thanks for the update Zotter. So where about do you live? I have made a couple dozen trips to the Tetons/ Yellowstone since my first trip in 1972. I always say God never made more beautiful country.
            Terry

Comment

Looks like you already honored Texas CCW's

Comment

Working...
              X