First 30.06 Sign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 30.06 Sign

Got a chance to stop by the new Dick's store this afternoon. Nor really looking for anything, just curious about any 'no gun' sign since it was in the mall. Dick's has it's own entrance & no sign there. As I was leaving, drove by the official mall entrance & they have a 30.06 sign. Kinda surprised as I'd always assumed it'd be just a regular 'no guns' sign. Oddly, there is no 30,07 sign for open carry. If'n I was the kind to try to stir things up, I'd open carry into Dick's, then use their exit into the mall & wait for the fireworks.

Anyway, the trip to Dick's was a total waste of time. Plenty of long guns on display, but no hand guns to drool over. Thought they might have a bicycle depart. & be another source for Finish Line Dry Lube, but didn't. Saw Remington Golden Bullet Buckets for $100!! Had a camo colored ball cap, made in Bangladesh, for $25 & a Field & Stream cap, made in China for $15! Way too pricy for me.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Re: First 30.06 Sign

They just opened a new Dick's in Mobile....all sports equipment and sports-ware. But this one has a Field & Stream co-joined. And they have lots of handguns and long guns. And yes, pricey for me too.

When I can order a Thunder Plus from Bud's for $310 shipped, then pay $20 to pick it up just 4 miles down the road......I don't need Dicks.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I quit Dicks a long time ago. I was wanting a particular bolt action rifle that I could not find locally. So I checked Dick's internet blog and found for a very reasonable price what I was looking for. It plainly stated I could buy a rifle on line and have it delivered to the nearest Dicks Store. So I made a visit to my local Dicks Store and told the salesman my intentions. He said "No". I said "No What?". He said we will not accept any rifles bought on our internet store and shipped to our Store. I looked at him and the longer I looked the madder I got. I finally told him to stick the gun up his "You know what", and have never visited another Dicks store since.
      TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Just for grins, I'd have got his name & reported to the corp. office.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
          Got a chance to stop by the new Dick's store this afternoon. Nor really looking for anything, just curious about any 'no gun' sign since it was in the mall. Dick's has it's own entrance & no sign there. As I was leaving, drove by the official mall entrance & they have a 30.06 sign. Kinda surprised as I'd always assumed it'd be just a regular 'no guns' sign. Oddly, there is no 30,07 sign for open carry. If'n I was the kind to try to stir things up, I'd open carry into Dick's, then use their exit into the mall & wait for the fireworks.
          So how is he able to sell guns in a "no guns allowed" mall? Sort of like a gun store in an airport.
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
            So how is he able to sell guns in a "no guns allowed" mall? Sort of like a gun store in an airport.
            Interesting question. I suspect they'll do as Walmart & Academy do, the department manager carries the firearm to the main exit & hands it to you as you leave the store. But, do the stores that lease there have to follow the mall's no gun policy? Stores such as Dicks, Pennys & Sears which have their own entrances, do not post no gun signs at their entrance, nor do they post one at their exit into the mall. Technically, if entering by one of those entrances, you can legally carry because to be in affect, the sign is supposed to be prominently displayed.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Texas Can take something simple and make a mess of it. 30:06 30:07 signs. Can't do this can't do that Need a concealed permit to open carry What a bunch of BS We have a simple law signs don't mean S**T State says were we can't carry . Open carry was written into Ky Constitution while Texas still belonged to Mexico.
              If you asked to leave because of a weapon Then leave or face a minor trespass charge. But just about never happens . Unlike TX were gun friendly. Remember our permit is a concealed weapons permit, knives, blackjacks, throwing stars , fixed blade double edge knives. All good to go. Unlike the to many laws state of Texas. 5 1/2" blade BS . That's a clean your nails knife around here.
              Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                Texas Can take something simple and make a mess of it. 30:06 30:07 signs. Can't do this can't do that Need a concealed permit to open carry What a bunch of BS We have a simple law signs don't mean S**T State says were we can't carry . Open carry was written into Ky Constitution while Texas still belonged to Mexico.
                If you asked to leave because of a weapon Then leave or face a minor trespass charge. But just about never happens . Unlike TX were gun friendly. Remember our permit is a concealed weapons permit, knives, blackjacks, throwing stars , fixed blade double edge knives. All good to go. Unlike the to many laws state of Texas. 5 1/2" blade BS . That's a clean your nails knife around here.
                Texaicans don't let their fingernails get that dirty.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

We seem to be almost going backwards. First legal, then not legal. Then legal again but with a fee.
                  Last edited by Rev_Les; 09-29-2016, 10:58 PM. Reason: Big fingers..little phone keys... baaad speelinz

Comment

Was at a assisted living center today to find a new home for MIL. God thing she doesn't have any guns. they had 30:06 and 30:07 signs.
                    Retired and hunkering in.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                      Interesting question. I suspect they'll do as Walmart & Academy do, the department manager carries the firearm to the main exit & hands it to you as you leave the store. But, do the stores that lease there have to follow the mall's no gun policy? Stores such as Dicks, Pennys & Sears which have their own entrances, do not post no gun signs at their entrance, nor do they post one at their exit into the mall. Technically, if entering by one of those entrances, you can legally carry because to be in affect, the sign is supposed to be prominently displayed.
                      When I bought my rifle at a Walmart in Amarillo Texas the manager carried the box to the truck and put it in the cab. He wouldn't give it to me at the door.
                      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I,m guessing a 30.06 & 30.07 sign is a oc & cc sign. Correct ?
                        If you never do, you,ll never know!

Breaking News!!Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with BATTERY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldmellow View Post
                          I,m guessing a 30.06 & 30.07 sign is a oc & cc sign. Correct ?
                          A 30.06 sign is for concealed carry & 30.07 is for open carry. I can understand why businesses may be against open carry for the same reasons I do not generally open carry. I would not like the attention that open carry may bring, nor do I want to be the subject of a 911 call. I have open carried, however, on quick trips into the small town of Gladewater because that's the way I carry around the house & most times don't see anyone other than the cashier. It happened that the first time I did so, Marty asked me to go pick up her meds & there was a crowd of people in line to pick up meds at the drug store! Turns out no one screamed, fainted or called 911 so I've gotten pretty comfortable about open carry there. I still will not do it in Longview at Wally World, although I have become less concerned with accidentally exposing it.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                          X