Question on driving through multiple states

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question on driving through multiple states

I got signed out of BC over the weekend through nothing I did. I couldn't get back on or get password reset until last night. Could read posts but that's all. Wonder if same happened to him and others. It looks like activity was a little light the last few days.

Comment

Originally posted by north tex View Post
      Rampo. Are you back from behind enemy lines?????
      Planning my escape now. Should be back in friendly territory Wed or Thursday. So far trip has been uneventful. Been staying under the radar. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Rampo View Post
        Planning my escape now. Should be back in friendly territory Wed or Thursday. So far trip has been uneventful. Been staying under the radar. Thanks!
        Understand. Just checking. Low profile stealth mode is a good idea.
        Sorry looks back.
        Worry looks around.
        Faith looks up.

Comment

Did you make it????
          Sorry looks back.
          Worry looks around.
          Faith looks up.

Comment

Back in SC enjoying a cool one on the back patio. There's no place like home.

Comment

I'll be right over. . Glad you had a good uneventful trip
              Sorry looks back.
              Worry looks around.
              Faith looks up.

Comment

Originally posted by guns4me View Post
                In these states, I would NEVER lock my ammo in the glove box. If they see it incidentally (like when you reach for the registration/insurance card) you could be in big trouble. Store it in separate locked boxes on separate sides of the trunk.

So, you might ask why would they require this. The rationale goes something like: in order to protect yourself, you purposely go to the trunk, open it, unlock the gun, unlock the ammo, insert the ammo and then shoot, this is now premeditated murder and not self defense because you purposely loaded and discharged your weapon. Welcome to the idiocy of liberals.
                I forgot to mention, the ammo also must NOT be in the magazine as some interpret that as still being a "loaded" weapon and will get it confiscated and destroyed before you can get a court to return it (which they almost never do...)

Comment

Thanks again to everyone's advice on getting me through multiple states. This morning I went searching for a traveler's guide for the gun owner and came up with the "Traveler's Guide to the Firearms Laws of the Fifty States" by J. Scott Kappas. Has anyone used this guide? The 2017 edition will be available through Amazon next week.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 travelers guide J Scott Kappas.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	600411

Comment

Originally posted by guns4me View Post
                    In these states, I would NEVER lock my ammo in the glove box. If they see it incidentally (like when you reach for the registration/insurance card) you could be in big trouble. Store it in separate locked boxes on separate sides of the trunk.

So, you might ask why would they require this. The rationale goes something like: in order to protect yourself, you purposely go to the trunk, open it, unlock the gun, unlock the ammo, insert the ammo and then shoot, this is now premeditated murder and not self defense because you purposely loaded and discharged your weapon. Welcome to the idiocy of liberals.
                    I just saw this and felt I had to respond. The Federal requirement for travelling with a gun is to separate the ammo and the guns in different compartments. And if you have an SUV or van you have to keep them as far apart as possible. It adds one more step to your "liberal idiocy." Funny thing was that the back seat in my Sonata folded down and I had access to the trunk from inside the car.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                    X