Concealed Carry Decision Might Go to SCOTUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington, D.C. requires an unconstitutional "reason" for citizens to protect themselves before a carry permit is issued. Lower courts are mixed on the idea so the issue could go the Supremes for ruling. No word yet on what Diana Ross might say.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/29...rt-agenda.html
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Re: Concealed Carry Decision Might Go to SCOTUS

Surprises me that so few have even tried to get permits. They've issued 126 permits & turned down 417 in 3 years! The larger cities in Texas probably got that many requests the 1st day!
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I think I have read where this “good reason” to get a carry permit applies in other places like New York and maybe Calif. If they don’t want to readily allow permits all they have to is readily say the reason is no good. This should go to the Supreme Court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I say, "screw NY".

Comment

MD is also "good cause" state. And like hammer said, no one applies because the outrageous fees and training cost are essentially flushed because there is little chance of success, therefore, why bother. SCOTUS recently refused to hear a "good cause" case out of San Diego where they pulled the same stunt. No good cause, no CCP. Gorsuch and Thomas blasted them for not hearing the case:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ts-appeal.html

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
            Washington, D.C. requires an unconstitutional "reason" for citizens to protect themselves before a carry permit is issued. Lower courts are mixed on the idea so the issue could go the Supremes for ruling. No word yet on what Diana Ross might say.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/29...rt-agenda.html
            I'm wondering if it will now since DC decided not to fight the ruling. Which from what I read was probably the first truly smart thing they've done in awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1270
              I wish I could say the same, but I'm stuck here for a while........

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1270
                My CCL comes up for review in 2 years,, Gotta go in with 6 months Cash deposits, LLC documents, Tax papers, pictures of storefront, pictures of safes, 3 good guy letters, 2 passport type pictures, letter from bank and invoices from all boroughs... Easy Peesy......
                Man I thought I had it rough. i have to get a haircut and shave because when I go in and pay they take my picture, print out my license and I'm gone in about 20 minutes.

Comment

I feel sorry for the States mentioned. Florida is now a breeze, in the past, there was a backlog but not anymore. I'm not trying to rub it in, it's just the way it is. It is controlled by Adam Putnam's Florida Department of Agriculture, a well run Florida Government office. He may run for the Florida Governors's office.
                  In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

New Jersey also a good cause state. Almost impossible to get a permit unless your connected. Sucks

Comment

Malinois, and you are supposed to be the light at the end of the tunnel.[emoji12] LOL
                      In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Bama61 View Post
                        I'm wondering if it will now since DC decided not to fight the ruling. Which from what I read was probably the first truly smart thing they've done in awhile.
                        Since DC decided not to challenge it, the Appeals Court ruling stands. They have to actually issue CCP and do away with their good cause clause. I can guarantee they will find other reasons to deny the CCP.

Comment

No such issues in WV. Mountaineers are always free!
                          Sorry you all have to put up with tyranny.
                          Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                          X