No announcement yet.

Oklahoma Free At Last

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be a tad off subject. There was a documentary about three years ago that visited four federal and state prisons. They only interviewed prisoners who had committed murder with a firearm in gun free zones or posted as no guns allowed on premises. So basically where citizens are not protected fully by the second amendment due to federal, state, local or institutional law or rules (retail stores)

When asked what was one thing that either helped or made them feel safer committing their crime. The answer unanimously was "gun laws". When asked why? they said, not getting shot by an armed citizen.

So basically gun laws empowered the individuals to commit their crimes was the outcome of almost every interview.

Sent from the mothership.
    Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 03-02-2019, 05:31 PM.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

That's why I don't go to gun free zones unless forced. The VA & voting polls, the 2 I visit, are gun free, but they do use armed security.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post

There is no federal law against driving drunk...that's a state rap, but it would disqualify him as a felon if purchasing a firearm through an FFL. It's probably against the law in your state to sell him one privately, too. But this doesn't rule out his chance of having his right restored if a judge expunges his record.

https://felonyguide.com/Felony-Gun-Laws.php

I'm with you on the responsibility and accountability conditions, ParaCav, but just because a law is on the books, it doesn't physically prevent a felon from having one. If your neighbor staggers around his yard drunk with a gun in hand, I'd treat him as any armed threat, no matter his legal status. Call the cops and "be prepared to take necessary action" until they arrive. That's the 2nd Amendment in principle....that, and keeping our government free.
        I agree 100%. There is always the possibility he could still have a firearm. Making it illegal does not stop him or anyone else from having a gun. Never has or never will. Private sales in ILL must go through a State Police checklist, there is an exception with family members.
        TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Since we are all "family" guess Bersa Chatters are also exempt?
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
          X