This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPX KICKS BUTT AGAIN

This from the high road member name is JE223 He test a lot and always worth reading.

40S&W JHP performance against Bone Simulant and Ballistic Gelatin.pdf

Down load and rethink your ammo choice. He tests 40S&W but results wold be similar in all calibers I am sure.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Re: DPX KICKS BUTT AGAIN

And some people wonder why I only use CorBon in my pistols.
    Once I was young and stupid. Now that I am no longer young-----

Comment

From my ammo/denim/water jug testings on the 380ACP, 9mm to the 45ACP, the Cor Bon DPX has done a remarkable job and then some

Can't beat those Barnes Copper Bullets
      “Big bullets let in a lot of air and let out a lot of blood.”
      -
      Elmer Keith

Comment

LOL I just posted a buttload of his tests here too.
        These tests have totally convinced me to be a "corbon DPX man" lol.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...Simulant-Tests

He does great work....I haven't seen a test as realistic as this and its a real reason to question those expensive JHPs.So what if they can go thru layers of denim,what about the BONE underneath that covers about 80% of all vital structures in the human body?

As far as I'm concerned,if its not DPX or something similar with a solid copper bullet,your wasting your $$ and might as well just buy ball.

Corbon DPX- the thinking man's defensive load!
        "...that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force..."
        -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

The bone issue is why I shoot handloaded Hornady XTPs. They are not meant to expand as big and made to penetrate with controlled expansion. They usually over penetrate on game animals, but a cell phone, etc won't slow them down and I have yet to see one not expand in the real world. I just hope I never find out for sure on a human target.

I have been studying the Barnes copper bullets and they look like the bullet. I just have a hard time biting the bullet since they are so expensive.

I do think simulated tests can be very deceiving though. There was no clothing or layer of skin before the bone. Here is a picture of a Hornady round sent through several ribs on a 140 lb sow at an angle that took out several ribs went up through its neck and shoulder and finally stopped at the back of the skull.
          Attached Files
          Certified Armed Infidel .
          WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
          45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

There was actually a layer of simulated skin on the bone.

What would really make this test interesting,is a simulated human ribcage with a layer of skin and maybe a T-Shirt over it,and perhaps some simulated organs in the gel.
            It can be done,but thats rather expensive I'm sure.

It would,however,be the most realistic test I'd ever seen,being that it could show how the curvature and shape of the ribs might deflect bullets,and how the different densities of different organs might do different things when impacted by the bullet and perhaps even its temporary cavity and how that may or may not have an effect on different density of organs,etc,etc.

But all that aside,this is still the most realistic series of tests which I've personally seen done yet.
            You can shoot gel all day long with denim over it and thru sheet rock,car doors,etc....but bone is always there even if the target is butt naked.

It really puts in perceptive that if your bullet goes into bone,which it has about a 50-50 chance of doing so,in an upper torso shot,you'll likely not get expansion with some of the older designs of JHP.

DPX and designs like the Federal EFMJ are the wave of the future in JHP design.

I do have a question tho.

What about those MagTech solid copper bullets?

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/produc...low-point-ammo

Would these perform as well as the DPX?

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...er-hollowpoint

Guess not lol!
            Last edited by Kalashnikov Josh; 01-18-2012, 04:07 PM.
            "...that whensoever the general government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force..."
            -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

How about the DPX was used for years as a hunting round Long before became a pistol SD round. It has been tested . it has also been tested a few times in real life and from what I read in one shooting worked as adverized . Since about 99% of the test conducted by a zillion different people in cluding Corbon all come to same result it opens . other HP's have show in some test to work and some not to. I have yet to get a 102 gr remington to expand or a fake DPX by Magtech or who ever . but I have never failed to have a DPX not open except against steel plate and then it bulged the plate. Door skin& fenders it shot thru and opened
              Expensive yes so are other brands of premium HP that have shown to some times work .
              I have never under stood buy expensive hand gun then want a cheap holstler, belt, and the cheapest ammo to carry. Its you life Get the best of every thing you can afford. If you fall let it not be from lack or proper equipment .
              Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                This from the high road member name is JE223 He test a lot and always worth reading.

40S&W JHP performance against Bone Simulant and Ballistic Gelatin.pdf

Down load and rethink your ammo choice. He tests 40S&W but results wold be similar in all calibers I am sure.
                Read my post about the Corbon DUD!

Comment

Originally posted by hamman View Post
                  Read my post about the Corbon DUD!
                  That's never happened to any other manufacturer I'm sure.
                  "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Working...
                  X