Hornady XTP for SD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornady XTP for SD

I am using Hornady XTPs and Speer Gold Dots for SD in my 40s. And Corbon DPX or Winchester Silvertips in my 45s. Corbon DPX or Magtech Gaurdians in my 380s. What are others using?
    sigpic
    1,000 Posts on Bersatalk.com

I hope not the Magtech Guardians when I tried they they failed to expand. Just went right on like ball
    I use Corbon in all my autos . 38 snub 158gr LSWCHP+P , 44 special Blazer 200gr gold dot HP, 32S&W plain old Lead round nose . 25 auto ball and Hornaday HP, depends on the pistol. 44 mag 240 sp But carry the 44 special in my S&W 29 .
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Well, since my BT45UCPro is my daily carry - and it's a .45 - I pretty much expect it to go "BANG" and the bad guy gets his due - whatever's in the tube. That's one of the reasons I carry .45acp. It's not NEARLY so dependent on an SD boolit to do it's job. (but they sure don't compromise the effort!)

Been carrying some 185g Golden Sabres - I'm loading up about 85 260g XTPs tomorrow - but I also have some 185g XTPs. Someday when I grow up and become a real reloader, I'll have a chronograph so I can see if those 260s have any where near enough velocity to 'open up'. I'm think'n they're more 'lumps' than HPs without getting silly on pressures.
      "...too little penetration will get you killed."

Comment

DPX in everything. Once I find something that performs like I want it to I tend to stick with it.

Bronson
        Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

I agree with you Bronson. I am the same way. I do rotate my SD ammo from time to time so I have a few things I trust and swap out whenever the mood strikes. MT, as far as the Magtech in my 380 goes, since it virtually never gets carried anymore it makes little difference. When it is carried, it is the Corbon DPX in it.
          sigpic
          1,000 Posts on Bersatalk.com

Comment

I prefer Speer Gold Dot JHP for the BT, but due to lack of availibility lately, I purchased a couple of boxes of Buffalo Bore to keep in the SD mags.
            ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
            "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
            Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Comment

I use Corbon DPX in my BT380 Deluxe, but sometimes try "others" just for grins. My CZ 75 P-01 is usually loaded with Speer Gold Dots, 9mm. On the receiving end, I think either one would provide a world of hurt!
              NRA Member
              USAF Veteran

Comment

FEDERAL PREMIUM - Law Enforcement - Tactical Bonded - JHP - 9MM - 124Grain

Comment

Originally posted by mustang652 View Post
                  I prefer Speer Gold Dot JHP for the BT, but due to lack of availibility lately, I purchased a couple of boxes of Buffalo Bore to keep in the SD mags.
                  I would shoot them to make sure they will feed Some pistols don't like that ammo and for real not place to find out
                  Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

I reload with the Hornady XTP 90 grain at 900 fps for my 380. Good expantion no feeding issues. Anyone have a reliable source for 380 brass?
                    BT380 Duo CCW
                    NRA Member

Comment

Working...
                    X