Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shoot Sellier & Bellot ammo in their 380's?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone shoot Sellier & Bellot ammo in their 380's?

I shoot a lot of S&B in 9mm, its fairly cheap and is quality stuff. Actually its hard to beat.

Wondering if anyone shoots it in their Bersa 380's, and how does it cycle?
    Certified Armed Infidel

Re: Anyone shoot Sellier & Bellot ammo in their 380's?

I've shot a couple of boxes through both the BT380 and Ruger LCP. No issues, seemed to work as good as anything.

Comment

Don't see much S&B in this area. I've shot it, but just can't remember what caliber. I have read that S&B has a bit different spec on the rim & it gives some Thunder .380s a problem, but that can be corrected under the service contract. I think Wolfgang said he used S&B to test pistols for proper cycling, but also said the newer S&B has standard rim.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

S&B works fine in my .380. My own testing showed RWS to be the most accurate.

I have never found S&B to be very accurate in any of my rifles, so I don't buy it for rifles anymore. But for pistol practice, I will buy whatever is least expensive as long as it is not steel-case garbage.

Comment

Seems like in the past I had heard rumors of S&B having feed/ejection issues in 380? I do have issues with Fiocchi 380 in my Bersas.

I have run nearly 2 cases of S&B through my 9mm pistols just this summer....without a single issue, and at $185 or so delivered per case....its cheap.
          Since I have not had a smooth ride with Fiocchi....was thinking of trying S&B. Occasionally see it for $9.50 per box... thats a couple bucks cheaper than FM reloads!
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
            Seems like in the past I had heard rumors of S&B having feed/ejection issues in 380? I do have issues with Fiocchi 380 in my Bersas.

I have run nearly 2 cases of S&B through my 9mm pistols just this summer....without a single issue, and at $185 or so delivered per case....its cheap.
            Since I have not had a smooth ride with Fiocchi....was thinking of trying S&B. Occasionally see it for $9.50 per box... thats a couple bucks cheaper than FM reloads!
            Not a rumor for me. Back in the first ammo shortage all I could get in 380 was Magtech and S&B ... the Magtech ran great but the S&B didn't run well in either of out BT380's or my buddy's BT380. We used it up at the range and got in some good practice clearing malfunctions!

PS. Never a lick of trouble running S&B in my 9UC.

Comment

I have shot it in various calibers, including .380 and never had an issue with it. I suspect like with anything there will be certain guns that don't like it.

Comment

Working...
              X