BP9CC Ammo choice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP9CC Ammo choice

Fired my fist 300 rounds in my new BP9CC. Tried shooting my federal aluminum ammo and all I got was failure to fire. I switched over to my brass cased ammo and away we went. I also own a Thunder Ultra Compact Pro, a 380 thunder and a Thunder 22LR. I have never had issues with the ammo casings before.Can any one shed some light on why it will not fire my aluminum ammo??

Thanks,

Tmothy Hemple
    Washington State
    [email protected]

Re: BP9CC Ammo choice

Welcome to Bersa Chat THemple. Never tried aluminum in my BP9CC, so I don't know. Haven'tr heard of any issues with aluminum ammo. Could be as simple as the pistol got the kinks out with the aluminum, so started working when you switched to brass. Might give 'em another try. Could also be a brand thing. Are the aluminum a different brand?
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Could just be a quirk of the gun. Most guns will eat it no problem, my 1911 that eats everything else chokes on Blazer aluminum. Like mitchr said, try it again later and see.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

It got weird today, gun would shoot aluminum rounds as long as the first round out of the magazine was a brass rounds. I even contacted Wolgang the gun doctor, this is strange but to enjoy a trigger like this I will put up with it,

Comment

THemple: I am fairly certain I know what the problem is from what you described. Fortunately, it has nothing to do with the cases being aluminum or brass and there is probably nothing wrong with your new BP9CC. Federal Aluminum (as you'll see on the back of the box) is a very light target load, MV 1145 fps and Energy of 335 ft-lbs. Your brand new gun needs a little break-in with full power loads before it smooths out and then it will probably shoot Federal Aluminum without fail.

When you put a brass cased standard power load as the first round in the mag, it loaded the aluminum without a hitch.

Here's what you can do to accelerate the break-in process so that your new BP will digest lower power loads. Buy a box or two of 9mm NATO 124 grain. You can get Winchester NATO 9mm at Walmart, but any brand of NATO-spec ammo will do just fine. Muzzle Energy of 358 ft-lbs. Bet you won't have any problems with those. After shooting a box or two of NATO spec ammo, you new gun will be smoothed out enough to function with lower power loads like Federal Aluminum. I fire a lot of Federal Aluminum 9mm; it is fine target ammo for guns that are well broken-in.

Comment

Now that makes sense to me. I've already shot over 500 rounds, will do what you suggest and see if things smooth out

Comment

hi there i own bersa bp9cc just a few weeks, this is my first 9mm , tried to break-in and test it for a PRVI FMJ 100 rounds ammo, for the record it failed just once, i think i need to clean before i fired it but to much excited i use it in the range out of the box., i just clean it with a brush and kerosene , classic cleaning like my dad said, now my question, did someone here tried Fiocchi Black Mamba , it there any issue ? and is there any issue cleaning a polymer gun with kerosene but fyi i did not clean the polymer with the kerosene just sometimes a little bit leak from the slide and is wipe it out instantly.

Comment

nlwrad, If you have kerosene and don't wan to buy anything else and like it maybe its ok. I have never used it for that. I use either Hoppes 9 for the bore or Hoppes foaming mousse or whatever it is I got it at Walmart. I also got some gun scrubber which is aerosol isopropanol. I like using isopropanol for the mechanisms and using something like Hoppes for the bore. Isopropanol will degrease it. I think the bore needs to have special solvent as opposed to the other parts of the gun. The bore can collect brass/copper and lead fouling which needs specialized chemicals to remove them. I say this because I have a Walther 22 and it gets lead fouling easily A call to Walther and they told me to use bore cleaner on it.

My BP9CC felt gritty in the trigger. I grabbed what I thought was my gunscrubber but it was my teflon dry lube and I didn't recognize I had grabbed the wrong can at first and got tons of crud or filings out of the trigger mechanisms using it. Then once I recognized it, I used the Gunscrubber to get all that Dupont Dri Lube out and then clean out the remaining grit. After that, i treated it with the dri lube.

Otherwise I also have some Safariland Breakfree CLP and Remoil which I use, but am trying the drylube on the mechanisms as it shouldn't collect crap.... I hope. Remington makes dri lube too but I am thinking it is just relabled dupont teflon drilube.

I think the Safariland CLP is sort of a good standard lube and better than kerosene as it will lube it for you but Kerosene won't. For the bore I think bore cleaner is necessary. I use a brass brush and then use some of those huge 9mm q tips and maybe some patches on the bore. The Q tips are like patches sorta but patches you can get the cleaner into the bore with. I used to use a boresnake but I don't think its good enough as after I used a boresnake its not that clean. The brass brush is the best with patches or those qtips.

I have never used Black Mamba but I got good deals on regular Fiocchi FMJ for target shooting.

Comment

I have been using FMJ brass solely since my experiences with Tula and Wolf. I have also tried aluminum Federal.

In my BP9cc I have never tried any other ammos but Brass FMJ. I don't want to. I don't want to because I tried them in my Bersa Thunder 380cc and the steel cased ammo from what I can see was what damaged my gun. I don't know how but it did. Just after using it, it failed and I had to send it in for repair to Colorado Gun Works. They sent me a sheet of ammos to not use and they don't recommend steel case. Since they fix a lot of Bersas, I figure it makes sense to listen to them.

I also had some Tauruses, 9mm and the TCP. The Tula immediately broke the extractor on my TCP. It also damaged my PT911 G2. Its just not worth it to shoot it in Bersas. Maybe CZ's or Glocks can handle it but I don't think its good for bersas.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat niwrad33. Guess kerosene may be a good cleaner, but I never thought of it as a lubricant & guess that's why the failure, or just one of those break-in issues. One outta 100 isn't bad, considering the circumstances. Really don't know about how it'd affect the polymer. Might give it a dull look, but I don't think it'd actually damage it. The polymer, obviously, must be able to handle hydrocarbons.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Kerosene or diesel is a decent enough solvent, but near zero for lube. As mitchr said, it may dull the finish a touch but shouldn't hurt anything. In reference to exactly what you did, kerosene works fantastic on the shipping goo Bersas come swimming in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

hi there thanks for reply and suggestion , well i do some research that hoppes 9 the cleaner one had formulated with kerosene, and i do some research that kerosene is the classic one even used in military rifle , shotgun for cleaning, by the way i use oil to lubricate the slide after using kerosene , and i plan to use hoppes grease , i really did not want to use oil for the slide just i don't have any options right now, oil accumulates dirt as i observe., again thank you for the reply's an i hope someone uses black mamba and give some inputs.

Comment

I use Finish Line Dry Lube on the rails, as well as outside the barrel, plus inside & outside the slide for protection against rust. Does not collect dust.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I did get a little carried away, I polished feed ramp & firing pin! Wow what a great shooter, now it walks thru any ammo. Was worried at first.

Comment

Working...
                            X