Check Your Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Your Ammo

I remember the old refrain, "Praise the Lord and pass the ammo." But the current instability of American politics may cause gun owners to "out demand" the supply and then you won't have it if you need it. It's wise to keep an adequate base stock at all times, not just when everybody's hair is on fire.

https://booksbikesboomsticks.blogspo...ewhere_30.html

Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Yep, I agree.....still shooting from ammo I bought several years ago. I got time yo wait on a good deal
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Yes ammo is scarce and double the price it was a few months ago. I grabbed up some 9mm ammo just before the corona scare for $169 per K delivered "brass case". I have a stash of MagTech and about 3 boxes Perfecta .380 ammo from Wally world a few years ago that was quite cheep.
      Billy
      sigpic

Comment

Strolled into my LGS today to pass the time while waiting for the Princess. I was shocked...SHOCKED...to see the 9mm and .380 ammo shelves barren. A clerk explained, "Customers bought it up faster than we could get supplies." The .38/.357, .40 and .45 stocks were still available, with an abundance of .22 LR. This lets you know what the locals shoot. I'm glad I still have my reloading equipment, although I may have to get some 9mm boolits before fall.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I was somewhat dismayed that Fiocchi no longer has Subsonic Hollow Point 22 LR on their website as in production. Dismayed because almost every Squirrel rifle I have (5 rifles) are zeroed for it! So I found one place online that still had it and ordered 5,000 rounds. That brings my Squirrel ammo up to about 15,000. Don't know if that's enough. I kill a few hundred every Spring and again every Fall. I'm probably one of a very few number of hunters who really squirrel hunts anymore. A shame; folks don't know the fun or the food they are missing. Esepcially since I discovered Allegro Nashville Hot Chicken Marinade and got a new Grill...MMMMM, goood. This is a pic of what I'm about to put on the grill and then after they get some nice grill marks, I cover the pan with foil and leave it on the grill for an hour and eat delicious meat for about 3 days

Comment

My old neighbor in Lafayette, LA was avid squirrel hunter. I did some with him. Then I only had a cheap Marlin with I bet a Tasco scope knowing how poor I was. I missed a lot of the buggers. My neighbor was a Federal Game officer and obviously spent a lot of time immersed. He rarely missed. It was fun hunting though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, those squirrel hunters are real riflemen.

Comment

Working...
              X