AMMO SHORTAGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCLs View Post

The government will be the least of our worries. The lack of real government and police support will end up in civil war.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The thing is civil war will be between government and armed civilians. So yes, we do need to worry about a few individuals hording all the ammo instead of spreading it out so there can be more "well armed militia" members.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post

The thing is civil war will be between government and armed civilians. So yes, we do need to worry about a few individuals hording all the ammo instead of spreading it out so there can be more "well armed militia" members.
      There you go Groberts. You summed up in one sentence the point I was trying to make in 3 paragraphs.

Comment

I would propose that anyone that was serious about participating in a shooting war, should already be stocked up on ammo.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
          I would propose that anyone that was serious about participating in a shooting war, should already be stocked up on ammo.
          You're probably right but somebody is buying up all the available ammo in bulk at high prices. My LFD says he holds back a modest store of popular cals so he can equip buyers of new firearms with a few boxes. After that if anything is left he sells at mkt price (read big mark up) .

Re a shooting war: my guess is the likelihood is fairly remote. If not, Saints preserve us all !

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post

The hoarders is the problem. When everything seems like smooth sailing, ammo is everywhere. I don't believe the government is to blame, or the ammo makers, just greedy slobs, like this guy I saw the other day at one of the local places around here.

They had about twelve or so boxes of standard 130 grain (FMJ) .38 Special there, at just slightly inflated prices of 29.99$ per box, but they were only allowing two boxes per person. I picked up one box, being as though I have quite a bit. Some clown comes in there right behind me, has three other women with him, and they each grab two boxes each...just about wiped out what was there. He sees me and says hey buddy, how bout you grab another box for me, and I will pay you for it, I said no, and he gets pissy. Told him to leave me alone.

I pay for my box, and am stopped to look at something else, and he is paying for his multiple boxes and shooting his mouth off about how he doesn't even own a .38 Special gun, but is buying this at 29.99$ a box, just to sell it on some website at 49.99$ a box, because that is what it was going for there.

This is the problem.

Comment

I always wonder how much ammo a person had or could make in the wild west early/mid 1800's. No Academy down the road in those days.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by morgansfriend View Post
                I always wonder how much ammo a person had or could make in the wild west early/mid 1800's. No Academy down the road in those days.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
                I am assuming there wasn't much plinking or target practice happening. Every shot intentional and with a purpose. I don't think the supply was great, nor was it squandered. I suspect even in our dry spells like now it's still easier and more plentiful to get than it was then.

Sent from my stoopid phone using Tapatalk

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

In my young years, we had BB guns & pellet guns which were for target shooting for fun. My grandmother had an old single shot .22 which I remember using it for target shooting only once. Other guns used for hunting, etc didn't get a lot of use, except when hunting. My dad gave me a .410 for hunting, showed me how to load it, clean it & point it (front sight, no rear sight). First trip out, I shot it maybe 3 times, to get the feel of it & the pattern (had 2 optional chokes). After that, only shot at something I could eat.

Almost forgot! When we started dating, Marty went hunting with us & I let her shoot it once.
                  Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I just saw this video uploaded Dec. 29 showing a good stock of ammo available at Carter's Country in Houston. Years ago when I lived in the area I bought a couple of guns (long since traded away ) and shot at their range. The prices are steep, but the stock is available, sez this videographer. Those of you who live nearby should call before you make the trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N2sNEhNi3g
                    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Working...
                    X