UC9 Pro trigger spring replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UC9 Pro trigger spring replacement

I recently had a trigger spring break in one of my UC9 Pros so I ordered two from Eagle Imports to fix it. Is there anything to be aware of or any tips/tricks that I need to be aware of before I take on this task? Any videos or pictures that someone can lead me to to help out?

I have read in some other thread (http://bersachat.com/forums/showthre...trigger+spring) that this is a difficult repair and Mr. Honeycutt of Colorado Gun Works suggested I send the pistol in to be fixed. Even though he stated it would be under warranty I just can't see the logic in paying shipping both ways (in which for a pistol can be expensive) just to install a $2 part.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: UC9 Pro trigger spring replacement

If it's the little coil spring right at the trigger, I ended up sending it to the warranty center. You can drive yourself crazy trying to get it in yourself.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Comment

Originally posted by John_R View Post
      If it's the little coil spring right at the trigger, I ended up sending it to the warranty center. You can drive yourself crazy trying to get it in yourself.
      https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/be...trigger-spring

This is a link to the part in question.

Comment

Eagle pays the freight back to you, so you are only out freight to the warranty center. If you ship it yourself, the carrier requires overnight, but your dealer/FFL can ship via ground & much cheaper rate. Of course, if you have them do it, then the warranty center must ship it back to them, rather than directly to you. Be sure to tell your dealer which warranty center you want to use. Put a note with the pistol about the problem.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Yes, that's the part. Send it in!
          Certified Armed Infidel
          كافر

Comment

If it were easy to replace the trigger spring on the UC9 and HC9, I would put in a slightly weaker, lighter spring--because the factory spring is quite strong. I can't imagine how yours could have broken unless it was a manufacturing flaw in the spring. PHM told us it is a difficult three-handed job to get the trigger spring in.

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
              I can't imagine how yours could have broken...
              Trust me, I was totally shocked. Both my UC9s haven't ever given me a lick of trouble or had a malfunction of any kind.

Until now.

Comment

First, I definitely agree that replacing the trigger spring in this series is not for the faint of heart. I take these down on a somewhat regular basis, but not for broken a broken trigger spring that I can recall, and it takes 3 hands and one foot to get everything back together. It is about 10x as difficult to do as on the Thunder 380 series.

Just a bit of clarification regarding shipping.
                Only an FFL-holder can legally send a handgun thru the mail (long guns are OK even though they are far more dangerous, but I digress). If you send just the pistol and magazines, most will fit in the P.O.'s "small flat-rate box". This costs a bit over $10 and that includes the fee for "signature required", which I ask all owners to do. However, you should ask the FFL how much he charges for this service. At a minimum, he must log the firearm in and out twice (going & coming). If you bought the gun from him or do much business with him, he may do it for just the cost of the postage, but I've heard of some rascals who want to charge $60 or more for the 5 minutes work required, so check out several places if one seems excessive.
                The UPS/FedEx criminal cartel will require you to ship any firearm overnight if they know about it. However, there is no legal requirement for this; it is just corporate greed at its finest and naked discrimination against firearms owners. It is my understanding that you must tell the truth if asked, but there is no requirement to volunteer this info.
                The firearm must be returned to the person or business that sent it or it is considered a "transfer" by the ATF and requires the 4473 and background check nonsense.
                There is more detailed info about shipping requirements, etc. on the "Shipping & Repair" page on my website: http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/...epairInfo.html
                Wolfgang

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                Eagle pays the freight back to you, so you are only out freight to the warranty center. If you ship it yourself, the carrier requires overnight, but your dealer/FFL can ship via ground & much cheaper rate. Of course, if you have them do it, then the warranty center must ship it back to them, rather than directly to you. Be sure to tell your dealer which warranty center you want to use. Put a note with the pistol about the problem.
                Last edited by wolfgang the gun doctor; 09-07-2018, 03:45 PM.
                Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
                http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
                503-429-7342

Comment

In regard to not telling UPS/Fedex it is a firearm, if you apply for a UPS shipper on line, it does not ask you the contents. I don't know about Fedex because I've not used them on line. My question would be, assuming a person insures it, what happens if it is lost or damaged in transit? How do you file a claim without telling them what it is? In past business dealings with them, they didn't just take our word for what the item was worth. We always had to produce an invoice which showed what we paid for it, or what was paid for the replacement.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I it's lost or damaged, you would file a claim just as w/ anything else. The contents and method of transport are all completely legal, so it's just another item.

Quite frankly, in the very few times I've ever had this happen, I just remind the carrier that THEY have lost a firearm and gently suggest they get their collective heads out of their backsides and find it or I'll be forced to inform the ATF that THEY have lost a firearm. When they realize what this means, they foul their pants and quickly find the "lost" firearm. Has cut thru the b.s. for me every time!

As far as the value, you should have a receipt, show where you registered it w/ Bersa or just have someone like me or Bersa verify the value. But then you should have a receipt for anything you ship & insure. Just remember that they are looking for fraud everywhere and suspect everyone. They sure are glad to take your $ for the insurance, but become quite fond of it and really don't like to let go of it. Kinda like a dog w/ a fresh bone, but with worse manners.

Wolfgang

In regard to not telling UPS/Fedex it is a firearm, if you apply for a UPS shipper on line, it does not ask you the contents. I don't know about Fedex because I've not used them on line. My question would be, assuming a person insures it, what happens if it is lost or damaged in transit? How do you file a claim without telling them what it is? In past business dealings with them, they didn't just take our word for what the item was worth. We always had to produce an invoice which showed what we paid for it, or what was paid for the replacement.
                    503-429-7342

Comment

Thanks, will keep that in mind. One of the reasons for requiring overnight shipment of firearms, I've been told, is it is handled by fewer people & that reduces chance of loss (in other words, theft). 'Course, UPS in this area will not handle firearms, even overnight, if they know what it is. Everyone uses Fedex.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Yes, that was very similar to the line of b.s. that I was told when I called them to ask why they were discriminating against firearm owners.

However, since I generally have a keen b.s. detector, I asked several of the UPS drivers about this supposed extra security. Answer: There is NO difference in the security between Next-Day and Ground! They told me that when they get back to their hub, the packages are sorted into Next-Day and "everything else" piles and they both have the SAME lack of security. Not behind any sort of barrier, not in a caged area, no guards. They are handled about as many times, etc. The only difference is that Next-Day takes precedence over Ground, 2nd Day, etc. as you would expect.

Due to UPS's & FedEx's stupidity, arrogance, and ignorance, I am quite certain that their Next-Day scam is actually LESS secure. Think of it this way: Say you're a thief/employee at UPS. You can steal from the Next-Day or Ground piles with equal ease as they are all just setting out in the open. The Next-Day packages are generally smaller, easier to carry, generally more valuable, and there are far fewer of them to go thru. And that's where virtually all the firearms are! Even a very stupid thief won't have much trouble figuring out which pile to steal from. Add to that the fact that, given a few seconds to read the address, "SAW", "Glock", etc., they are virtually guaranteed to have a firearm inside. If it's just parts, they will be sent Ground. Does the average thief prefer a firearm or just a bunch of parts? That is why I ask folks to use my name or abbreviate the company name "TGD" when shipping or mailing. Why advertise the fact there's a firearm inside?

Finally, and I believe this really validates my argument, I've noticed many of the larger firearms companies, such as S&W have it set-up with the UPS/FedEx criminal cartel to ship 2nd or even 3rd Day. How can it be "more secure" for the big guys to ship 2nd & 3rd Day when us little guys are forced to use Next-Day? Can you spell "greed" and "hypocrisy"?

Thanks, will keep that in mind. One of the reasons for requiring overnight shipment of firearms, I've been told, is it is handled by fewer people & that reduces chance of loss (in other words, theft). 'Course, UPS in this area will not handle firearms, even overnight, if they know what it is. Everyone uses Fedex.
                        503-429-7342

Comment

Working...
                        X