New Bersa, normal paint wear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bersa, normal paint wear?

Hello, I am a new Bersa owner and new to this forum. I bought my Bersa from a local gun shop and it was a display model in a case so it had been racked a few times by customers checking it out, appearance isn't really that annoying since nobody sees that part. My Bersa is the two tone white and black one. The white painted part that holds the barrel to the frame has some scrapes on it and it has stamp type markings that go through the finish as if something was hitting there. Is this normal paint wear? If it isn't normal, is there something that needs an adjustment?

Click image for larger version

Name:	bsaq.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	605669

thanks!
    -Scott

Re: New Bersa, normal paint wear?

Welcome to Bersa Chat Scott. My Thunder Plus is duo-tone & it has some scratching, though not that severe. I lube rails with Finish Line & also use it on the exterior a protection against the east Texas humidity & maybe that helped. I doubt the gun store spent a lot of effort on that, although I'd think it'd be wise of them to do so. I certainly wouldn't pay top dollar for a pistol in that condition. Under the circumstances, I'd say it's normal. Wouldn't hurt to examine the underside of the slide real close to be sure no burrs, etc that could have caused it.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

OK, thank you. I found the scratch is coming from the bottom of the block that contains the firing pin. I did get a discount for it being the display.

Comment

The photo appears to show the effects of the slide's breach face being allowed to scrape the top of the frame as it is being removed for field-stripping. It is not an indication of any problem, just a bit of carelessness on the part of the operator during disassembly. And with a display model, this is to be expected.
        Also, just to clarify, the aluminum frame is anodized, not painted, and the steel parts are blued or nickle plated.

Originally posted by sbwolfe View Post
        Hello, I am a new Bersa owner and new to this forum. I bought my Bersa from a local gun shop and it was a display model in a case so it had been racked a few times by customers checking it out, appearance isn't really that annoying since nobody sees that part. My Bersa is the two tone white and black one. The white painted part that holds the barrel to the frame has some scrapes on it and it has stamp type markings that go through the finish as if something was hitting there. Is this normal paint wear? If it isn't normal, is there something that needs an adjustment?
        thanks!
        -Scott
        Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
        http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
        503-429-7342

Comment

Working...
        X