Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPR9C - Questions And Competitors

Hey Gang -

First post. Looks like a great forum and a great resource for Bersa owners (and owners-to-be).

I've been eyeballing the TPR9C and am about the 'pull the trigger' and order one.

I'm looking for a "Goldilocks" handgun to slot in between my little Taurus .380 and my Walther PPQ M1.

I've narrowed it down to the Bersa, the CZ 2075 RAMI, and the FNS 9 Compact. I know there are several viable options in the category, but, those are my finalists.

The Bersa tops the list because of the metal frame, the hammer, and the reports on the trigger.

I've had a SIG 226 so I'm familiar with SA/DA.

Questions:

Are the safety and slide release obtrusive? They look to be intuitive to use, and I like having a safety, but they sure look chunky.

Any "must have" upgrades? I usually throw a Hogue on my pistols (large hands) and look to upgrade the trigger. Since the Bersa already has a steel guide rod, we're all good there and from everything I've read/watched, the trigger is superb. Though, again, with large hands, I typically prefer the trigger set further forward.

Competition:

Has anyone had any experience with the CZ or FN? Or does anyone have any input on either/both of those guns in general?

I'm pretty darn set on the Bersa, but I'm trying to soak up as much info as I can.

Thanks all!!!

WWG1WGA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by WWG1WGA; 09-17-2018, 10:07 PM.

Re: TPR9C - Questions And Competitors

What you're gonna have to end up doing is buying 3 guns. I know it sucks, but it's the only way.

Now someone tell my wife I can start buying guns again....

Sent from space for your entertainment.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat WWG1WGA. I hafta agree with PHM. When I was buying guns, when I got my list down to 3, or so, I just bought the one that popped up available at the same time I had the money, then started savin' for the others.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Haha.. yeah.. I hear you guys..

There are 3 things my wife thinks I'm nuts to own multiples of.. guns, guitars, and golf sets.

But just as I don't understand her shoe obsession, she just doesn't get it about our toys.

Comment

Like I mentioned, the Bersa is gonna happen.

I mainly just wanted to get some feedback about some "must do" mods or "must have" upgrades.

Holsters and such I can find.

Comment

Well, the TPR9C is so new, haven't heard of any "must do's" or "must have's". Bersa isn't big on after market mods. I'd guess the only thing you might find would be some 'one size fits all' wrap around slip on grips, such as Hogue.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Roger that. Thanks, mitchr.

Comment

I'm a CZ P-07 owner and I own several Bersas. And I appreciate the Walther PPQ M1 design. As to your finalists, I don't like heavy trigger pulls at all so that rules out a lot of guns for me unless I can modify them to suit my love for lighter triggers. You could perhaps look up the specs on the FN and check to see what its trigger pull weight is. I'm guessing that the finalists are heavier than the Bersa. As well as way more expensive than the Bersa. Once you get past the fact that the Bersa cost less, it gives up nothing to other models as far as function and features. Bersa has a decocker that doubles as a safety if you want to keep it on. 13 round magazine + one in chamber.

The levers on my Bersa UC9 (the forerunner of the TPR9c) were a bit obtrusive, so I took a file and ground them down to my liking. Bersa must have been watching me in my workshop, because they did the same thing to the new TPR9c making it a thinner, more comfortable to carry gun.

I carry mine more than any other gun I own because of its size and firepower capacity. It is flawless dependable with any ammo and also it is easy to shoot accurately because of good trigger and good sights

Originally posted by WWG1WGA View Post
                Hey Gang -

First post. Looks like a great forum and a great resource for Bersa owners (and owners-to-be).

I've been eyeballing the TPR9C and am about the 'pull the trigger' and order one.

I'm looking for a "Goldilocks" handgun to slot in between my little Taurus .380 and my Walther PPQ M1.

I've narrowed it down to the Bersa, the CZ 2075 RAMI, and the FNS 9 Compact. I know there are several viable options in the category, but, those are my finalists.

The Bersa tops the list because of the metal frame, the hammer, and the reports on the trigger.

I've had a SIG 226 so I'm familiar with SA/DA.

Questions:

Are the safety and slide release obtrusive? They look to be intuitive to use, and I like having a safety, but they sure look chunky.

Any "must have" upgrades? I usually throw a Hogue on my pistols (large hands) and look to upgrade the trigger. Since the Bersa already has a steel guide rod, we're all good there and from everything I've read/watched, the trigger is superb. Though, again, with large hands, I typically prefer the trigger set further forward.

Competition:

Has anyone had any experience with the CZ or FN? Or does anyone have any input on either/both of those guns in general?

I'm pretty darn set on the Bersa, but I'm trying to soak up as much info as I can.

Thanks all!!!

WWG1WGA

Comment

I have had several Bersa handguns in my user category. I, along with my S&W M&P 9 and 40 I have two Bersa hand guns. I have had Bersa hand guns for over 20 years. From the mid 50's (.32 semi-auto hand gun up to the Compact Thunder 9 which I traded in on the new TPR9C. As far as I am concerned, the TPR9C is a very well made hand gun and it is very easy to use. The trigger is a little bit heavy but, you get used to it. I also have a Bersa 380 that is one of the most accurate hand guns I have shot.

Comment

Thank you, sir! Pretty much exactly what I wanted to hear.

Of course we all want affirmation of our choices, but that was pretty spot on as to what I felt about the Bersa. It's good to hear from an actual owner (UC9 is close enough).

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
                    I'm a CZ P-07 owner and I own several Bersas. And I appreciate the Walther PPQ M1 design. As to your finalists, I don't like heavy trigger pulls at all so that rules out a lot of guns for me unless I can modify them to suit my love for lighter triggers. You could perhaps look up the specs on the FN and check to see what its trigger pull weight is. I'm guessing that the finalists are heavier than the Bersa. As well as way more expensive than the Bersa. Once you get past the fact that the Bersa cost less, it gives up nothing to other models as far as function and features. Bersa has a decocker that doubles as a safety if you want to keep it on. 13 round magazine + one in chamber.

The levers on my Bersa UC9 (the forerunner of the TPR9c) were a bit obtrusive, so I took a file and ground them down to my liking. Bersa must have been watching me in my workshop, because they did the same thing to the new TPR9c making it a thinner, more comfortable to carry gun.

I carry mine more than any other gun I own because of its size and firepower capacity. It is flawless dependable with any ammo and also it is easy to shoot accurately because of good trigger and good sights

Comment

As I suspected, FNS compact trigger pull weight is a trembling and sweating 5.8 lbs. My old UC9 breaks when I hang a 5 lb weight from it (Wally Thor's Academy of Amatuer Gunsmithing method). Bersa's TPR9c supposedly has an improved trigger over the old Thunder Pro UC9, so it may be even lighter than 5 lbs. Can anyone vouch for that?

Comment

I just replaced the FNS9C with the TPR9C. I'm left handed, and the ambi controls are the draw for both to me.

The FNS9C was a fine weapon (mine was the thumb safety version) - I carry appendix and like the extra measure of safety on both firearms. I like the RAMI too, but no left-handed controls.

I've always said the perfect handgun for me would be
                        1. Fully Ambidextrous
                        2. Have an active saftey
                        3. Hammer fired with decocker
                        4. Be all metal

So when I saw the TPR9C it seemed to fit all those criteria. It is a touch heavier because of the all metal construction, and the aftermarket items (like holsters) isn't as prevalent as other weapons.

The controls on the TPR9C are clunkier, but you don't really notice them if that makes sense. Their location and their design place them where they need to be without getting in the way. If you have a local range that allows you to hold one that would be a good option.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, j3w1.

I pulled the trigger last week and ordered the Bersa (NONE to be found in Reno.. a VERY gun-friendly town).

Should get in this week.

I'm gonna give it a good clean and lube job then head out to the desert and test it against my Walther PPQ (and my brother's G2C, G19, and Shield).

If I end up liking the Bersa more than the Walther (which I think I will.. all metal, hammer, smaller, etc.), the Walther will go on Armslist.

Less is more.

That, and I'm really itching for something new haha
                          Attached Files

Comment

Got my TPR9CM last week.

LOVE it.

Pulled it apart, cleaned it, lubed it, then shot the snot out of it. Probably 400 flawless rounds through it thus far. Premium ammo, shitty reloads, steel-case.. it ate them all.

I've got Meprolights and a Hogue Handall Jr. on order.

Feels much more solid in-hand and is far less snappy than my PPQ (which I listed and sold on Armlist on Monday after it "lost" a competition with the Bersa).

My brother was so impressed with the trigger that he ordered the DT version (and listed his G2C and Shield on Armlist).

Anyhow, I'm pumped.

Happy Tuesday, gents.

Comment

No doubt the TPR series are winners. I've put my 9HC up against some pistols twice the price of it and guys can't believe at what they bring for the price.

Comment

Working...
                              X