Bersa 383 trigger spring install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa 383 trigger spring install

I recently picked up a bersa 383, nice little pistol a little rough but for the price it was hard to pass up. I was told beforehand that the trigger had problems resetting, I did my research and saw that either the trigger spring had broken or was more likely installed improperly. Well I broke the bersa down and there was gunk from about 2-3 decades inside of it. Everything looked mechanically sound and all the parts and springs seemed like they were in good shape. That is until I got to the trigger spring. It was broken off, the back tab that faced the mag release was broken off no real shock but I continued my break down and removed the mag release and trigger/trigger spring. Well rookie mistake number 1 happened i did not pay attention to how the spring or should I say what was left of it, was installed. I don't see any indentations of how the spring should rest, so I'm here to ask does anyone have a diagram or even a breakdown video showing how to install the trigger spring? My new trigger should be arrive soon and I'd love to take this thing to the range and throw some lead with it as soon as I can

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Welcome Atomsk,

Look here for a diagram.

Look here for a narrative. (go down to "The Trigger pivots upon the trigger pin.")

good luck

regards jab

Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

So it is the same as a bersa thunder for the most part? I know this is pretty much the precursor to the thunder.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomsk View Post
        So it is the same as a bersa thunder for the most part? I know this is pretty much the precursor to the thunder.

Is your 383 a single action or double/single action?

If its a single action the spring and trigger rides on the slide latch pin.
        Long story short, jab is a male.
        Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Mine is a DA, I think I got the old spring in position I can pull the trigger but have to manually reset the trigger.

Comment

Working...
          X