New to me Bersa Thunder 22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to me Bersa Thunder 22

Picked up the Bersa Thunder 22 I had on layaway. Went to the range, 100 rounds of CCI mini-mag 40g RN flawless fun. Pleasantly pleased with the accuracy too with decent groupings. Better than the SR-22 I used to own. This will be a great compliment to my 380. Ordered the rubber finger groove grips from Eagle Imports yesterday.
    Attached Files
    Clinging to my Bible and Guns

Hey, Mark: Welcome to the club from Central Virginia! I got one just like yours about five years ago, and invested in the rubber finger groove grips shortly after. They make a world of difference! Great choice!

I only shoot CCI MiniMags through mine and with those, it has been 100% reliable. Federal and AE sucked for me, with just about every other round jamming. There are things that can done to improve it, but I just went the path of least-resistance with something that functions every time.

Read up on removing the old grips and installing the new ones. While I didn't have a problem, the right side grip and screw can be tricky. The right side grip serves a mechanical function.

The BT22 is a perfect companion for my BT380 Combat (my EDC weapon), too.

Comment

Originally posted by RJF View Post
      Read up on removing the old grips and installing the new ones. While I didn't have a problem, the right side grip and screw can be tricky. The right side grip serves a mechanical function.
      RJF - thanks for that important tip.

As for the ammo, yes, I'll stick with the mini-mags.

edit: got it on the don't touch the trigger too from the post below. THX
      Last edited by Mark40; 04-15-2019, 05:35 AM.

Comment

IIRC, don't touch the trigger with the right-side grip off.

Comment

I have the Thunder 22 and the 380 Plus. And 10,000 rounds of CCI mini-mag. I have three 22 handguns and a 22 rifle. Maybe over-kill on ammo, but I won't be having to buy any for a long time. My Thunder Plus is my primary carry gun. My Thunder 22 allows for very inexpensive practice for it.

Be sure to use a drop of blue locktite on those grip screws!! They tend to shoot loose and fall out!! A drop of blue locktite will totally eliminate that possibility.

IMG_0723.JPG
          Last edited by jimku; 04-15-2019, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Excellent Flintlock, will do and appreciate the additional tip.

Comment

Working...
            X