Bersa thunder 22lr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa thunder 22lr

Considering a 22lr because testing with a Thunder 380 left my hands very sore, shot both left and right.
    Does anyone have a Thunder in 22lr, not finding a lot of info on them on line, Ruger sr22 got very good reviews looking for additional opinions on 22or or other options.

Hang on John Boy.....several here do have the BT22. They will show up eventually and give you answers.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

My wife, Marty, has one & loves it. She has arthritis in her hands so it makes a great substitute for practice in place of her .380 carry. It does require high velocity ammo, however, but still cheaper than .380.

Thread moved to .22LR forum.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I have both the Thunder .22 and the SR22. I like them both. The T22 was a jamb-o-matic at first. I softened the sharp edge on the chamber mouth and that mostly cured that. It won't feed low powered ammo. It likes high velocity CCI the best. Make sure when you strip it that the recoil spring is in the right way around. Skinny end on the barrel first. The SR22 has been fine from the first. It too likes high velocity ammo. The trigger cycle is very short and if I don't grip it well will "double tap" without intending it to. There were complaints in the past about a delicate slide release lever but that seems to have been fixed at Ruger. I like the replaceable grip sleeves.

Comment

I guess I'd lean to the Thunder 22 if only for the consistency of having the same gun in a different caliber.

Comment

New to Bersa Chat and recently purchased my first Bersa firearm; a BT .22. I've not yet fired it, but plan to this weekend (6/22, 6/23). -- First post too :-)

Comment

Welcome dlhamil. Be sure to clean it well first. That goo that comes on them isn't a lubricant. Be sure to let us know how you like it.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by dlhamil View Post
                New to Bersa Chat and recently purchased my first Bersa firearm; a BT .22. I've not yet fired it, but plan to this weekend (6/22, 6/23). -- First post too :-)
                Welcome to BC, dlhamil. Iím on my second T22 after foolishly trading off the first for something else that turned my head. Treat it right and feed it what it likes and both of you should be happy.

He just got 10 infraction points trying to sell a firearm in BC classifieds. I unapproved post. RC
                Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 06-22-2019, 04:17 PM.
                Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post

Welcome to BC, dlhamil. Iím on my second T22 after foolishly trading off the first for something else that turned my head. Treat it right and feed it what it likes and both of you should be happy.

He just got 10 infraction points trying to sell a firearm in BC classifieds. I unapproved post. RC
                  Ok, I made a mistake, trying to sell a firearm on BC ... my bad, but was not done on purpose. I received four (4) e-mails from various members/moderators chastising me. IMO, one message would have been fine and I would have gotten the point. Why so unfriendly!

Comment

Not a matter of unfriendly, just a matter of 4 seeing your mistake & responding, without knowing the others did so,

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

maybe BCC the rest of the super moderators, big kahunas & whatever else in on the message

& there won't be so much perceived unfriendliness going around

Comment

Hey, I never laid a hand on him.....yet. Besides, I have only one boss to answer to, and she's in the hospital at the moment.
                        But, we do have some war games coming up in the near future and that will include ops checks on the nuke button. Like this....

Oh dang!
                        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Glisenti View Post
                          maybe BCC the rest of the super moderators, big kahunas & whatever else in on the message
                          & there won't be so much perceived unfriendliness going around.
                          I saw and read all the messages pertaining to this. In other words, I have the full picture. The rules are clear for the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. For the protection of this forum, they are enforced.

Mitchr said it best. "Not a matter of unfriendly, just a matter of 4 seeing your mistake & responding, without knowing the others did so."

That is just how it played out. When something like this occurs with volunteers who do not man the wheel full-time or converse with each other in real time, things like this scenario can happen. I'm sorry dlhamil asked to have his account deleted because of it.

Each of the members and moderators involved did right by this forum. I am thankful for that.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

He posted the same ad in 2 places & 2 of us reacted by deleting them. Just think how many responses he would have received if he'd posted in 4!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

yes the rules for the classified section are very clear, i had no trouble understanding the concept as soon as i opened the Read this Before ...

Comment

Working...
                              X