Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been great, but all good things must come to an end...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been great, but all good things must come to an end...

I have just been informed that my services for Eagle Imports are no longer needed due to corporate restructuring.
    However, I will be able to accept warranty work until June 30, 2019.
    After that, I will still be available for non-warranty and custom work as a separate entity from Eagle Imports, i.e. a just another gunsmith.
    Thanks to all the members for their support, comments and criticisms, and, at times, understanding.
    Sincerely, Wolfgang
    Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
    http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
    Tel: (503)429-7342
    [email protected]

Can you tell me if Bersa sells a stronger magazine spring? Both of mine on my BP9cc are weaker than my m&p shield & even my LCP 380. When putting 8 rounds in the Bersa mag & wanting to removed a round by pushing it out with my thumb the nose of the bullet takes a nose dive & actually hangs up in the front if the magazine, I have to lift up on the bullet to get it out of the magazine? If I put 6 rounds in it doesnt do that, the nose.of the bullet remains pointing up like it should. Also the gun was sent back when I first got it due to extractor issues & even still had a couple malfunctions after I got it back. I truly think the magazine spring is far too weak.

Comment

Check the orientation of the magazine spring.....it should be angled up toward the front of the mag.
      Long story short, jab is a male.
      Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

The spring is correctly orientated in the magazine. I just wasnt sure if bersa had a stronger spring for it or if there was one aftermarket. The top picture shows them in there correctly, slight downward pressure on the bullet & it hangs up on the front of the magazine. There is nowhere near the tension on this magazine spring as there is my M&P shield or ruger LCP
        Attached Files

Comment

I have had mags that reacted the same way when manually pushing the rounds out, different models & brands, but never had a problem with them at the range. On the other hand, I had an American Classic that had nose dive jams at the range, but were okay when manually unloading the mag. The range issues happened with any 8 round mag. The first one would nose dive. If I only loaded 7 rounds, all went okay.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Similar here, my mags load smoothly the first 6 rounds, rounds 7 & 8 are a little more stiff but seem to be too many rounds & make the magazine spring tension feel weaker. But with 6 rounds in the mag, it seems to have good spring tension. I did have to sent the gun in when I first got it due to extractor problems. After I got it back, I had 5 FTE/FTF in 300 rounds using 115 & 124 grain factory quality ammo. It would leave the spent casing in the chamber & jam while trying to feed the next round. In my opinion the gun would be more reliable if they would make the spring stronger & also recall the short extractor & replace it with the updated one, or make the coils bigger in diameter. I Really like the gun, trigger is great, just not reliable enough for me. Picture attached is after sending it in to bersa to have extractor working on.
            Attached Files

Comment

What I see here is almost certainly an extractor problem. Remember that the slide holds the next round down in the mag as the empty case is extracted. I don't think I've ever come across a BT 380 that had an under-strength mag spring. In fact, I've even loped off a few coils in cases where the spring was so strong that it really made loading painful. As long as the mag follower snaps the slide catch up fully after the last round so that the slide is locked back, you have enough tension. The problem is almost certainly is not in the mag.

Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
              http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
              Tel: (503)429-7342
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X