Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who have the BP9CC.......what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those who have the BP9CC.......what do you think?

As I have gotten a little older and weaker (hah!) I have just about stopped carrying my heavier double stack 9's. I have 2 single stack 9'as that I carry on occasion - a Kahr CW9 and a Walther PPS2. They are okay but I am not tickled to death with ether. Thinking about the BP9CC.
    How do you like the BPCC? Mainly is there some things you do not like about the BPCC?
    Certified Armed Infidel

I really like my new one--as far as carrying goes it is the most comfortable to carry. It is only 0.95" wide at its widest and it has no levers that stick out to make it uncomfortable to carry. But it also shoots very good. Not only is it easy to hit with, but it has a very good trigger pull (lighter than most) after you break it in. Also my new one is reliable with any kind of ammo--shoots everything without a hiccup. Just get one already. As long as you buy a new one, I can't see you regretting it. Ya might even love it.

Comment

Hey BroJohn,
      I have a different take than FakeBersaName.

I owned a Bp9cc last year but never liked it, although I really wanted to because I love our Bersa Thunder 380's. This is the issues I had and most were trigger related ironically.

1) I do not like these typical striker fired triggers. There is initial take up which I consider slop and then a short 2# pull which then runs into a wall, followed by a crisp trigger break. These triggers are just to stagey for me and that crisp break was having an affect on my accuracy. I ended up sending mine to Wolfgang and he corrected an issue and smoothed it up quite a bit. Irrespective of that, I still had to essentially work at being accurate with the gun and it still wasn't to the level I expected. In contrast, the Thunder 380 is effortlessly accurate and highly precise. The Bp9cc doesn't compare in regards to accuracy and it is blatantly glaring at longer distances.

2) I really didn't like the light and short 4 1/2lb trigger pull for ccw. Initially, I didn't think it would be an issue for me because I am always conscious of safety and safe carry. However, I ended up agreeing with many others who felt it was just to light for ccw work.

3) Although the Bp9cc is thin at .95in, I found it a little heavier and bulkier than expected or desired.

After much research and consideration, I ended up getting a Kahr S9 and that is what I carry. This is where the Kahr stands out for me.

1) It is very accurate and comparable to our Bersa Thunder 380's. That is saying a lot because I consider the Thunder 380's to be highly precise. At shorter distances (50ft or less) I can shoot the Kahr just as accurately. At longer distances (60ft-80ft) I can be more precise with the Thunder 380 because of the smaller sights. But the Kahr is still really close and holds it's own. I couldn't even hit the darn target with the Bp9cc at 80ft.

2) It has a buttery smooth trigger that breaks cleanly. This is what completely sets this striker fired gun apart from other striker fired guns for me. It is like a really smooth revolver but even better. The trigger pull is somewhat long but it is only 5 1/2 lbs. The longer pull and the 5 1/2 lb trigger is perfect for ccw IMHO. It's just long and heavy enough to carry safely but it is light enough to maintain control and accuracy.

3) The Kahr S9 is only .90 wide, 5.9 long, 4.5 high and 15.8oz (without mag). So it is the size of a Thunder 380cc which I owned that was comfortable to carry. However, it is even thinner at .90in and that makes it even more comfortable to carry. It is significantly more comfortable to carry than the Bp9cc was, especially IWB.

Good luck,
      Ralph

Comment

I was surprised to see a BP380CC. That would interest me. I have an LC380 as long as it didn't get stolen in our recent move. I won't know until we actually get our things here to Texas. If it did then it will need to be replaced and the BP380 seems like a good candidate to check out versus the Ruger.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Doubt I'll ever move, but my guns would go with me, not the movers.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I had two. First one was not reliable with HP ammo. Sent it to Wolfgang on two different occasions. It never did become reliable feeding and/or ejecting hollow points. On its third time back Wolfgang arranged a replacement from Eagle Imports and I received a new BP9CC. New one had the same issues. Sent it off to another warranty center for work. Got it back and the same issues continued. It now sits in my safe and gets an occasional range session with FMJ ammo. The guns size is good for me and the trigger is a little weird compared to every other weapon I've ever fired; wide trigger shoe, soft, almost airy kind of pull and an extremely short reset. You have to really be careful about accidental discharges when shooting from the reset. Accuracy is fine. I bought it as a concealed carry option but would never trust it to perform when needed. Too bad.
            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
              Doubt I'll ever move, but my guns would go with me, not the movers.
              We have a hidden drawer in our nightstands where my wife keeps her gun. I thought it was in the biometric gun safe and didn't check the drawer. The nightstand is in storage and I hope so is the gun. Luckily it just fits in there and doesn't move around so hopefully the movers weren't informed of it's location.
              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by groberts View Post

We have a hidden drawer in our nightstands where my wife keeps her gun. I thought it was in the biometric gun safe and didn't check the drawer. The nightstand is in storage and I hope so is the gun. Luckily it just fits in there and doesn't move around so hopefully the movers weren't informed of it's location.

I kinda figured if the movers had it, it was probably a mistake.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post

I kinda figured if the movers had it, it was probably a mistake.
                  When I moved from Seattle to Texas, I turned my back and they packed my biometric safe in a box. Didn't have my pocket gun for nearly a month before I got to that box.
                  "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

My first Bp9 was a lemon in that it would not shoot Hollow Points, but my new one eats anything, so I'm glad to report that Bersa seems to have got that sorted out.

Comment

As I mentioned in my (recent) intro, my father, my younger brother, and I each own a BP9CC and we each regularly carry them. To my knowledge, my father has never had an issue with specific ammo regarding manufacturer or bullet type. Neither have I. My younger brother had an issue with his not ejecting properly and stove-piping every round. He sent it to the warrantee center and they fixed it right up. It now works as smoothly as mine and my father's. We all carry the Hornady Critical Defense hollow points and have not had any feeding issues with it...that being said, I've never tried any other HPs through mine. I've also not had any issues regarding brass manufacturers. I've never had an issue with factory ammo, but I did buy a case of 1,000 rounds of factory-reload and those ended up with light-strike after light-strike...odd, since I don't ever get that with non-reloads. Overall, I'm happy with my BP9CC and I feel safe carrying it (though admittedly, my EDC in most cases these days is my P320). I like the BP9CC's slim profile, ease of concealment, ease of firing, ease of cleaning, and at half the cost of my P320 and a few ounces lighter too I feel it's a pretty good buy. I do always keep in mind that the trigger is very light, and that is really my only concern with the handgun at all. That is actually why I carry it less in favor of my P320 these days...but I do still carry my BP9CC and I do so without worrying that it isn't up to the task.

Comment

I bought a new BP9cc a few weeks ago in flat dark earth, bought it online and sent to my FFL sight unseen. The pistol looks good and well made and the sights are centered in the slide, I like the color. I took it home and field stripped it and glad I did as the inside of the pistol was very dry, cleaned it and lube it and took it out and shot it. I only ran 4 mags through it but it shoots very nice and is very accurate, well worth the $ to me. I like to buy a nice OWB holster for range use, anyone have any suggestions?

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Underdog. I have a couple custom holsters from UBG that I like. Also, Eagle Imports will have some off-the-shelf quality holsters that you won't have to wait 6-8 weeks to get them.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Mitchr, thank you for the welcome and the information. I'm going to look at Eagle Imports, I believe there is a dealer not too far from me and I will contact them.

Update: I just ordered one from Raw Dog tactical OWB on sale and a tee shirt.
                            Last edited by Underdog; 03-25-2020, 05:13 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

I don't much care for striker fired pistols - it's a safety concern.
                              Google "Glock Leg Syndrome" for details.

I'm a 1911 guy, so a long heavy trigger pull is not on my list.
                              That said, once cleaned up, the BP9CC trigger is smooth enough.

I keep the BP9CC because I teach basic pistol and need a striker type for demo.
                              Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Comment

Working...
                              X