Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who have the BP9CC.......what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Underdog View Post
    I bought a new BP9cc a few weeks ago in flat dark earth, bought it online and sent to my FFL sight unseen. The pistol looks good and well made and the sights are centered in the slide, I like the color. I took it home and field stripped it and glad I did as the inside of the pistol was very dry, cleaned it and lube it and took it out and shot it. I only ran 4 mags through it but it shoots very nice and is very accurate, well worth the $ to me. I like to buy a nice OWB holster for range use, anyone have any suggestions?
    I wanted mine in Olive or FDE, but all I could find at the time was black & silver. I ended up taking the slide apart and having a friend professionally Cerekote the slide in Desert Sand, and I love how it looks now. As for my OWB holster, I made my own:
    ekVb3ne.jpg

Comment

Very nice, you did an excellent job. I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by cavelamb View Post
        I don't much care for striker fired pistols - it's a safety concern.
        Google "Glock Leg Syndrome" for details.....
        Thank you for mentioning that, it made me look up the manual on the BP safetys. AUTOMATIC. It's not the striker fired that causes Glock leg, it's that automatic safety. I won't have a gun that doesn't have a manual safety. A trigger snagging on something defeats a trigger safety just as if your finger did it. I guess I won't be getting one of those.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I've had a BP9cc for several years. I loved it and found it a soft shooter for its size. I was very happy with it up until about a 1500 round count. Since then I've had consistent light primer strikes. I've sent the gun in for warranty work. Came back and went through exactly one magazine before light strikes started again.
          We've changed out every part in the fire control system and the RSA with no improvement. Obviously I have zero confidence in the gun. I won't sell it because I don't want to pass the problem on to anyone else.
          I've switched to a Glock 43, which has been flawless from day one and currently at about 2800 rounds. Unfortunately, I will probably not buy another Bersa because of this experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

"Molon labe!" ("Come and get them!") - King Leonidas of Sparta, when asked to lay down his force's arms

Don't try to get better, just Suck Less

Comment

Originally posted by GP58 View Post
            I've had a BP9cc for several years. I loved it and found it a soft shooter for its size. I was very happy with it up until about a 1500 round count. Since then I've had consistent light primer strikes. I've sent the gun in for warranty work. Came back and went through exactly one magazine before light strikes started again.
            We've changed out every part in the fire control system and the RSA with no improvement. Obviously I have zero confidence in the gun. I won't sell it because I don't want to pass the problem on to anyone else.
            I've switched to a Glock 43, which has been flawless from day one and currently at about 2800 rounds. Unfortunately, I will probably not buy another Bersa because of this experience.

If they can't fix it, they should replace it. I suggest you get Eagle Imports involved. I've found some warranty centers hesitant about asking for replacements.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by GP58 View Post

Don't judge the Bersa Thunder hammer fired series by the striker fired series.
              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

If a strike is okay then there's not a lot to DIS-like about the BP9CC.
                The trigger is nice - when it's clean.
                It can get a bit gritty if not cleaned regularly.
                I have to check the video to reassemble it.
                Just because I haven't done it all that often.
                It sure shoots fine.
                Good (Bersa) support.
                Not a bad choice.

As for me?
                My daily carry is a Sig P938.
                I have two of them.
                Seal mantra - Two is one, one is none.

Well Armed Christian Soldier!

Comment

Originally posted by cavelamb View Post
                  I don't much care for striker fired pistols - it's a safety concern.
                  Google "Glock Leg Syndrome" for details.

I'm a 1911 guy, so a long heavy trigger pull is not on my list.
                  That said, once cleaned up, the BP9CC trigger is smooth enough.

I keep the BP9CC because I teach basic pistol and need a striker type for demo.
                  I'm with you .... I sold my BP9cc ... one if the few guns that I sold. The gun had some great features: small package, comfortable to conceal, the striker firing, the very short reset, and my performed flawlessly out of the box and better after I cleaned up the firing pin channel. All great features but I didn't want to practice a bunch to get comfortable with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X