Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those who have the BP9CC.......what do you think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pond Scum
    replied
    Originally posted by cavelamb View Post
    I don't much care for striker fired pistols - it's a safety concern.
    Google "Glock Leg Syndrome" for details.

I'm a 1911 guy, so a long heavy trigger pull is not on my list.
    That said, once cleaned up, the BP9CC trigger is smooth enough.

I keep the BP9CC because I teach basic pistol and need a striker type for demo.
    I'm with you .... I sold my BP9cc ... one if the few guns that I sold. The gun had some great features: small package, comfortable to conceal, the striker firing, the very short reset, and my performed flawlessly out of the box and better after I cleaned up the firing pin channel. All great features but I didn't want to practice a bunch to get comfortable with it.

Leave a comment:

• cavelamb
    replied
    If a strike is okay then there's not a lot to DIS-like about the BP9CC.
    The trigger is nice - when it's clean.
    It can get a bit gritty if not cleaned regularly.
    I have to check the video to reassemble it.
    Just because I haven't done it all that often.
    It sure shoots fine.
    Good (Bersa) support.
    Not a bad choice.

As for me?
    My daily carry is a Sig P938.
    I have two of them.
    Seal mantra - Two is one, one is none.

Leave a comment:

• groberts
    replied
    Originally posted by GP58 View Post
    I've had a BP9cc for several years. I loved it and found it a soft shooter for its size. I was very happy with it up until about a 1500 round count. Since then I've had consistent light primer strikes. I've sent the gun in for warranty work. Came back and went through exactly one magazine before light strikes started again.
    We've changed out every part in the fire control system and the RSA with no improvement. Obviously I have zero confidence in the gun. I won't sell it because I don't want to pass the problem on to anyone else.
    I've switched to a Glock 43, which has been flawless from day one and currently at about 2800 rounds. Unfortunately, I will probably not buy another Bersa because of this experience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Don't judge the Bersa Thunder hammer fired series by the striker fired series.

Leave a comment:

• mitchr
    replied
    Originally posted by GP58 View Post
    I've had a BP9cc for several years. I loved it and found it a soft shooter for its size. I was very happy with it up until about a 1500 round count. Since then I've had consistent light primer strikes. I've sent the gun in for warranty work. Came back and went through exactly one magazine before light strikes started again.
    We've changed out every part in the fire control system and the RSA with no improvement. Obviously I have zero confidence in the gun. I won't sell it because I don't want to pass the problem on to anyone else.
    I've switched to a Glock 43, which has been flawless from day one and currently at about 2800 rounds. Unfortunately, I will probably not buy another Bersa because of this experience.

If they can't fix it, they should replace it. I suggest you get Eagle Imports involved. I've found some warranty centers hesitant about asking for replacements.

Leave a comment:

• GP58
    replied

Leave a comment:

• groberts
    replied
    Originally posted by cavelamb View Post
    Google "Glock Leg Syndrome" for details.....
    Thank you for mentioning that, it made me look up the manual on the BP safetys. AUTOMATIC. It's not the striker fired that causes Glock leg, it's that automatic safety. I won't have a gun that doesn't have a manual safety. A trigger snagging on something defeats a trigger safety just as if your finger did it. I guess I won't be getting one of those.

Leave a comment:

• Underdog
    replied
    Very nice, you did an excellent job. I like it.

Leave a comment:

• pralfred
    replied
    Originally posted by Underdog View Post
    I bought a new BP9cc a few weeks ago in flat dark earth, bought it online and sent to my FFL sight unseen. The pistol looks good and well made and the sights are centered in the slide, I like the color. I took it home and field stripped it and glad I did as the inside of the pistol was very dry, cleaned it and lube it and took it out and shot it. I only ran 4 mags through it but it shoots very nice and is very accurate, well worth the $ to me. I like to buy a nice OWB holster for range use, anyone have any suggestions?
    I wanted mine in Olive or FDE, but all I could find at the time was black & silver. I ended up taking the slide apart and having a friend professionally Cerekote the slide in Desert Sand, and I love how it looks now. As for my OWB holster, I made my own:
    ekVb3ne.jpg

Leave a comment:

• cavelamb
    replied
    Google "Glock Leg Syndrome" for details.

I'm a 1911 guy, so a long heavy trigger pull is not on my list.
    That said, once cleaned up, the BP9CC trigger is smooth enough.

I keep the BP9CC because I teach basic pistol and need a striker type for demo.

Leave a comment:

• Underdog
    replied
    Mitchr, thank you for the welcome and the information. I'm going to look at Eagle Imports, I believe there is a dealer not too far from me and I will contact them.

Update: I just ordered one from Raw Dog tactical OWB on sale and a tee shirt.
    Last edited by Underdog; 03-25-2020, 05:13 PM. Reason: Update

Leave a comment:

• mitchr
    replied
    Welcome to Bersa Chat Underdog. I have a couple custom holsters from UBG that I like. Also, Eagle Imports will have some off-the-shelf quality holsters that you won't have to wait 6-8 weeks to get them.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/

Leave a comment:

• Underdog
    replied
    I bought a new BP9cc a few weeks ago in flat dark earth, bought it online and sent to my FFL sight unseen. The pistol looks good and well made and the sights are centered in the slide, I like the color. I took it home and field stripped it and glad I did as the inside of the pistol was very dry, cleaned it and lube it and took it out and shot it. I only ran 4 mags through it but it shoots very nice and is very accurate, well worth the $ to me. I like to buy a nice OWB holster for range use, anyone have any suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• pralfred
    replied
    As I mentioned in my (recent) intro, my father, my younger brother, and I each own a BP9CC and we each regularly carry them. To my knowledge, my father has never had an issue with specific ammo regarding manufacturer or bullet type. Neither have I. My younger brother had an issue with his not ejecting properly and stove-piping every round. He sent it to the warrantee center and they fixed it right up. It now works as smoothly as mine and my father's. We all carry the Hornady Critical Defense hollow points and have not had any feeding issues with it...that being said, I've never tried any other HPs through mine. I've also not had any issues regarding brass manufacturers. I've never had an issue with factory ammo, but I did buy a case of 1,000 rounds of factory-reload and those ended up with light-strike after light-strike...odd, since I don't ever get that with non-reloads. Overall, I'm happy with my BP9CC and I feel safe carrying it (though admittedly, my EDC in most cases these days is my P320). I like the BP9CC's slim profile, ease of concealment, ease of firing, ease of cleaning, and at half the cost of my P320 and a few ounces lighter too I feel it's a pretty good buy. I do always keep in mind that the trigger is very light, and that is really my only concern with the handgun at all. That is actually why I carry it less in favor of my P320 these days...but I do still carry my BP9CC and I do so without worrying that it isn't up to the task.

Leave a comment:

• FakeBersaName
    replied
    My first Bp9 was a lemon in that it would not shoot Hollow Points, but my new one eats anything, so I'm glad to report that Bersa seems to have got that sorted out.

Leave a comment:

• PHMadness
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchr View Post

I kinda figured if the movers had it, it was probably a mistake.
    When I moved from Seattle to Texas, I turned my back and they packed my biometric safe in a box. Didn't have my pocket gun for nearly a month before I got to that box.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X