Firestorm customization .380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestorm customization .380

Curious to know what has been done to firestorms either cosmetically or for performance reasons? I started my 10 day wait today.

Welcome to Bersa Chat IC3. There are not a lot of after market accessories for Bersas. Some have some grip options & some have sight options. For the Firestorm .380, different sights will probably be pretty expensive, requiring a dovetail to be cut in the slide. Alternate grips are available, such as walnut, composite grips of various brands & Crimson Trace laser grips. May be difficult finding them labeled for the Firestorm, but grips for the Thunder will fit.

Some folks have personalized their Bersas by painting the sights something other than the standard white & some have filled in the roll marks with silver or gold paint, to make them stand out.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome to the club IC3.......I have 5 of the Bersa 380's- 2 Plus models, 2 CC, and 1 DLX. The only thing I have done is different was to change out the grips on one gun.....but eventually went back to the original. I did swap out the bottom finger hook on the mags for the DLX model- used the flat ones like on the CC.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I've got the Crimson Trace grips on my BT380 and I used Testor's Lime Green model paint to fill in the engraving.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

10 day waiting period? What's that? I only have a 10 minute waiting period when I want a new gun. Dang! Infringe a little? Welcome to the discussion chamber. Where you can wait for Uncle to grant you permission to defend yourself.

Bill
          W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
          NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

i love custom, check this out

https://bersachat.com/forums/forum/b...0cc-plus-build

as far as shelf goodies there's not much, you can add the DLX mag, have better sights adapted, grips ...

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
              10 day waiting period? What's that? I only have a 10 minute waiting period when I want a new gun. Dang! Infringe a little? Welcome to the discussion chamber. Where you can wait for Uncle to grant you permission to defend yourself.

Bill

I think the OP is unfortunately living in California, so go easy on him!
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

You're right. Should not taunt the less fortunate. Best vacation I ever had with my wife was on the far left coast, well off the coast, actually at Catalina.(How's that for a hijack?)
                NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Actually, that Firestorm has the best structural lines and I would have bought one for my very first gun, but I found the Bersa. Anyone who chooses that is perfect for our discussion group.
                  NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post
                    Actually, that Firestorm has the best structural lines and I would have bought one for my very first gun, but I found the Bersa. Anyone who chooses that is perfect for our discussion group.
                    Since he's in Commmiefornia he's likely talking about their version of the BT380 - it's called a Firestorm 380. It's not the old one.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

AFAIK the only Cali approved Bersa is the Firestorm 380 which was discontinued several years ago, and then brought back when it made the list in California which took over three years. The only difference I have found is the removal of the internal key lock safety on the new version, no big loss. I own several Firestorms in 22lr, 380 and 9mm and I prefer the features on them over those of the Bersa, however, I also own several Bersa's. As to upgrades, it comes with the rubber finger-groove grips and combat style sights and the only upgrades I have ever made to mine is adding the 9 round extended magazine and a drop of Dollar Tree bright orange nail polish to the front sight. I think you will find that the rubber grips make it much more comfortable to shoot and you're not out $30 for the upgrade.

Comment

One thing to remember when you "upgrade" your gun in that state the prosecutors look for anything, even stupid things, that aren't factory originals as proof of intent to commit a crime. No such thing as self-defense in that state. Unless you are rich and famous.
                        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                        X