Clip will not drop.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip will not drop.

Today, I went to the range to test four loads for accuracy. After the last round was fired, the slide locks back as expected. When I press the button to release the clip, it will not drop out of the frame. The only way I can get the clip out is to press the slide back a little further with one hand, reach inside the ejection port and press down on the clip while pressing the clip release button. When there are rounds in the clip, it feeds and fires flawlessly. After the last round is fired, I have noticed while the slide is locked back, the slide catch is against the clip release button; I can still depress the clip release button. If there is no ammo in the clip, and the slide is in the forward position (the slide lock is not engaged), the empty clip drops perfectly. I am using reloaded ammo using Winchester 231, 3.6 - 3.9 grains with the COL as specified in the loading manual. It has been a few years since I have fired the weapon and it has been in the vault with the clip in the weapon.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank
    Last edited by epsanto2; 07-18-2011, 07:53 PM. Reason: more information

Re: Clip will not drop.

Try calling it a Mag and it might work better.....

Ok.... Ok.... ok.... Sorry I just cant help myself... Oh and Welcome to BersaChat epsanto

What Bersa Model do ya have there?

Comment

With that load of W231, it has to be the 380. Don't have a clue to your question though. Welcome to the forum, maybe someone more familiar with the slide stop and the mag release will chime in.

Bill
      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?

CERTIFIED ARMED INFIDEL
      NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

"WHEN THE GOVERNMENT TAKES AWAY THE CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, IT BECOMS THE CITIZEN'S DUTY TO TAKE AWAY THE GOVERNMENT'S RIGHT TO GOVERN" GEORGE WASHINGTON

Comment

He stated it had been in a safe a while I was just wondering if it was an older mod .380 is all?

Comment

Welcome to the forum epsanto2, this is the place for answers!! I'm new to Bersa's and had the same sort of problem this weekend breaking in a new .380 CC. I had given it a good cleaning before the range but the mag dropping (full vs.empty) was VERY difficult. It fired well and was dead on accurate with 2 different ammo's though. After I returned home I recleaned/lubed with CLP Break-Free focusing on the release mechanisms. It was suggested I cycle the mag mechanism repeatedly one night while watching TV. Hopefully, this will do it! Next trip to the range will tell... Hopefully your answer could be this simple too. I'll be watching this thread closely just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by epsanto2 View Post
            After the last round is fired, I have noticed while the slide is locked back, the slide catch is against the clip release button; I can still depress the clip release button. If there is no ammo in the clip, and the slide is in the forward position (the slide lock is not engaged), the empty clip drops perfectly.
            Any ideas? Thanks, Frank
            Welcome to Bersa Chat Frank,

At no time should the slide latch come in contact with the magazine release on any model.

When the mag is emptied the magazine follower (feeder platform) pushes up on the slide catch so that it catches/holds the slide open.

On the magazine itself look in the magazine release slot on the upper right front. Check to see if the follower or a spring coil could be binding the mag release when the follower is slightly depressed like it would be by the slide catch when the mag is empty.

regards jab
            Long story short, jab is a male.
            Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by epsanto2 View Post
              Today, I went to the range to test four loads for accuracy. After the last round was fired, the slide locks back as expected. When I press the button to release the clip, it will not drop out of the frame. The only way I can get the clip out is to press the slide back a little further with one hand, reach inside the ejection port and press down on the clip while pressing the clip release button. When there are rounds in the clip, it feeds and fires flawlessly. After the last round is fired, I have noticed while the slide is locked back, the slide catch is against the clip release button; I can still depress the clip release button. If there is no ammo in the clip, and the slide is in the forward position (the slide lock is not engaged), the empty clip drops perfectly. I am using reloaded ammo using Winchester 231, 3.6 - 3.9 grains with the COL as specified in the loading manual. It has been a few years since I have fired the weapon and it has been in the vault with the clip in the weapon.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Frank
              Sorry, I have .380 model 383DA and came with two clips when I bought it new. First I will check the magazine over as suggested by JAB and try both clips the next time I go to the range.

It is a great little shooter. if Illinois ever goes CCW (like Chicago will ever let that happen), this would be my weapon of choice.... light weight when loaded and very accurate.

Thanks for the input....

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
                Try calling it a Mag and it might work better.....

Ok.... Ok.... ok.... Sorry I just cant help myself... Oh and Welcome to BersaChat epsanto

What Bersa Model do ya have there?
                Sorry, I have .380 model 383DA.

Comment

Working...
                X