Firestorm brand fades into history...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestorm brand fades into history...

I was reading a review of the Firestorm 380 over at Guns . com and they said something that I just knew had to be wrong. "The Firestorm model is actually assembled in the U.S. with Argentine parts,...". Well, my Firestorm 22 was test fired at the factory in Argentina by Roberto Serrano in March 2006. Roberto also test fired my wife's BT380 duotone that same year in August. That clinched it for me, but just to be sure, I hopped on the phone and called Eagle Imports and asked if the Firestorms came in from Argentina already assembled or were they assembled here in this country. She said no, they're all assembled in Argentina.

Then she added that the entire Firestorm line is being discontinued. These guns will no longer be manufactured and brought in under the Firestorm brand. All the current production Bersa Thunder firearms will continue, though. So there you are. Take it for what it's worth.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Re: Firestorm brand fades into history...

Never mind.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Comment

I don't think they'll be instant collector's items, but if I owned one I'd be thinking about parts not equivalent with Bersa models.
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I noticed, a while back, that when I pulled up Firestorm on Davidson's Gun Genie, the only thing that came up was the .38 revolver. I thought they'd just quit handling the pistols, but looks like they didn't have a choice.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Hmmmm.... Is this why Eagle rebranded the firestorm 1911 as the American Classic?
          Bersa Thunder .380
          Bersa Thunder 40HC Pro
          Kahr CW9
          Rock Island 1911 9mm Tactical
          Kimber Pro Aegis II 9mm

Comment

I don't believe it was a matter of a rebrand. Seems that for a short while, the manufacturer made both & you could get either one here in the states. Firestorm contracted for the 1911s with their rollmark & Eagle imported them. Haven't heard if Firestorm didn't renew contract or Eagle decided to quit importing them. Of course, if Eagle quit bringing them in & Firestorm couldn't find another importer, result is the same. Kinda like deciding which came first, the chicken or the egg.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
              Kinda like deciding which came first, the chicken or the egg.
              Maybe it was two chicks and an itch.
              Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                I don't believe it was a matter of a rebrand. Seems that for a short while, the manufacturer made both & you could get either one here in the states. Firestorm contracted for the 1911s with their rollmark & Eagle imported them. Haven't heard if Firestorm didn't renew contract or Eagle decided to quit importing them. Of course, if Eagle quit bringing them in & Firestorm couldn't find another importer, result is the same. Kinda like deciding which came first, the chicken or the egg.
                No, mitch, whoever owns Eagle Imports (RSA Enterprises, I believe) also owns Firestorm Inc. So basically, Firestorm and Eagle are different arms of the same company. I'm not sure about this, but I believe that American Classic is another brand name that is owned by RSA Enterprises.

Comment

Okay I didn't know they were connected, but it makes sense.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Why pay to maintain two brand names, with multiple models and calibers, while essentially competing with yourself? I'm sure there was a reason at some point, for doing so.
                    Is Firestorm shutting down everything, or everything Bersa?
                    Last edited by Rollin Thunder; 03-14-2012, 07:13 AM.
                    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
                    Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
                      Is Firestorm shutting down everything, or everything Bersa?
                      The lady told me that the Firestorm name was going away. So everything Firestorm is going away. Bersa will continue. I assume American Classic will continue. That's how I understood what she said, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X